TV Home Forum

Jeremy Kyle Axed

Latest: ITV axe show - page 20 onwards (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
chinamug

It's beyond me as to why anyone in their right mind would go on the show but people do because they want to get on TV and get attention.

But that's the problem there, a lot of people that go on that show are not in their right mind. The few times I've seen it over the years, it always appeared to be those that had major metal health issues that were on the show.
Newsroom24 and London Lite gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
It's a strange one. Certainly in January, the episodes scheduled were produced in late 2018, with the Christmas episodes I think in November.

However it does appear that since this year, there's been a quicker turnaround of some episodes

It's as if they wanted to get them on screen quickly before participants could do anything to stop them.
Lou Scannon and London Lite gave kudos
NE
Newsroom24

It's beyond me as to why anyone in their right mind would go on the show but people do because they want to get on TV and get attention.

I doubt your average Kyle guest is as media savvy as us though? When they figure out how emotionally draining the programme is, not helped by production members coaxing guests into participating and then by meeting another intimidating person in Kyle, it's going to require the 'emotional support' offered by the programme.

But that's the problem there, a lot of people that go on that show are not in their right mind. The few times I've seen it over the years, it always appeared to be those that had major metal health issues that were on the show.

Yeah, I agree. Both fair points.
CL
cliffc100
TCOTV posted:
My guess is Judge Rinder will replace it.

But they could do;
6:00am-9:00am GMB (extra 30mins)
9:00am-10:00am Lorraine
10:00am-12:00pm This Morning
12:00pm-1:20pm Loose Women (extra segment)
1:20pm-1:50pm Lunchtime News and Weather (extra 5mins)
1:50pm-2:00pm Local News and Weather (extra 5mins)

Hi

This would work but then what would they replace the 2pm slot with, having been to see Judge Rinder being recorded a few time I know that many of the JK production team work on JR. and when they call you to let you know you have tickets for the show it shows on my mobile as the JK audience line.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
ITV aired a Mental Health Awareness trailer before tonight's Coronation Street. I suppose this would also influence the decision over the axing of The JK Show this week so swiftly. Otherwise they are being hypocritical.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Jeremy Vine's C5 show spent over an hour debating Jeremy Kyle and had a caller who was a guest on the show who mentioned about the bad practices of the show. One of the panelists was Nicola McLean who defended Kyle, also being a guest on a celeb edition.

However, I'd expect McLean's experience to be different to Joe Public's appearance and was probably paid a show fee which the normal participants don't receive.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Jeremy Vine's C5 show spent over an hour debating Jeremy Kyle and had a caller who was a guest on the show who mentioned about the bad practices of the show. One of the panelists was Nicola McLean who defended Kyle, also being a guest on a celeb edition.

However, I'd expect McLean's experience to be different to Joe Public's appearance and was probably paid a show fee which the normal participants don't receive.

Did they say why the caller originally went on the show?
BR
Brekkie
Maybe the debate needs to be reframed into the wider issue of funding and access to mental health services which those defending the show claim Kyle was offering to participants who couldn't otherwise access the service.

There seems to be the presumption the duty of care is on production companies when it comes to such situations, but arguably the duty of care is on society and ultimately the responsibility is being shifted because of shortfalls in the capabilities of the NHS to cope with the increased demands for mental health services, which it should be remembered is an issue way beyond television.
Ne1L C and Square Eyes gave kudos
AM
amosc100
I cant see ITV putting anything new in the 925am slot until at least beginning of the Autumn season which could see a complete overhaul of the daytime schedule.

Some mentioning Lorraine going on between 9am and 10am, lets not forget that ITV Breakfast licence is 6am to 925am, so it would be virtually impossible unless they get a nod from OFCOM that the licence can change.

So between now and Autumn, as some have said, I can see ITV showing repeats of Real Deal, and even the various cookery series that have been shown at the weekends, and repeats of James Martins travel/cookery series in the US and UK.

Inevitably, from the Autumn season, I can see Judge Rinder taking the 925am slot whilst I could actually imagine ITV buying n General Hospital (for a while) to cover the 2pm slot - until they have something ready to takeover the slot (of which then General Hospital can move to ITV2).
AN
Andrew Founding member
The Daily Mirror have revealed the REPLACEMENT for Jeremy Kyle and fans are FURIOUS

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-kyle-shows-replacement-revealed-16084552

In reality, they’ve just noticed that Real Deal is scheduled next week as well.
DeMarkay, DJ Dave and Brekkie gave kudos
NL
Ne1L C
As someone with mental health issues I have to agree with Brekkie. A confrontational chat show is not the way to access mental health support.

If this sad story brings the need for mental health support into sharp focus then at least one good things will have come out of it
LL
London Lite Founding member

Did they say why the caller originally went on the show?

To confront her teenage children.

Newer posts