« Topics
Inspector Sands13,488 posts since 25 Aug 2004
It’s shown in Australia and New Zealand, too. TVNZ have said that they will continue to broadcast it - in fact it’s on air as I type this - but won’t show the episode with Steve Dymond.

Well that will probably never leave the edit suite, except to go to the coroners office
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87) 508 posts since 20 Sep 2007

Martin already has a show on ITV with the Martin Lewis Money Show and he features quite regularly on This Morning and GMB.
Whataday gave kudos
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87) 508 posts since 20 Sep 2007
It’s a great idea though for him to give him that slot though. He’d be the complete opposite to Kyle. It genuinely would help people whilst educating and informing the audience.

I'm not sure if it'd work as well as a daily show as it does as a weekly show. My own preference would be a medical show as it can cover a wider range of topics
Revolution335 posts since 27 Oct 2005
London London
Like City Hospital?

These type of shows do seem to attract controversy. Didn’t Vanessa get axed due to fake guests?

Yes. Two producers and a researcher were sacked for booking fake guests, she knew nothing of it. A few years later she presented a show on ITV called 'Vanessa's Real Lives' (emphasis on the word 'real'); Simon Amstell's comment always gets me. Very Happy

Last edited by Revolution on 15 May 2019 6:02pm - 3 times in total
paul_hadley gave kudos
BM11865 posts since 2 Jun 2017
London London

]
Newsroom24250 posts since 28 Jan 2017
Westcountry Points West

]

I can completely believe these stats and do agree with them, though part of me does feel that they are not forcing anyone to be on the programme. They know (or should know) what it's like and if they don't want to be treated like that, just don't go on the show. As I said before though, I do think ITV should do better on support, aftercare and ensuring people know what they are letting themselves in for.

It's beyond me as to why anyone in their right mind would go on the show but people do because they want to get on TV and get attention.
London Lite10,264 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London

It's beyond me as to why anyone in their right mind would go on the show but people do because they want to get on TV and get attention.

I doubt your average Kyle guest is as media savvy as us though? When they figure out how emotionally draining the programme is, not helped by production members coaxing guests into participating and then by meeting another intimidating person in Kyle, it's going to require the 'emotional support' offered by the programme.
Newsroom24 and chinamug gave kudos