TV Home Forum

Jeremy Kyle Axed

Latest: ITV axe show - page 20 onwards (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
robertclark125
Does anyone have a copy of the 09:25 junction on ITV yesterday morning, to see what was said in the continuity announcement?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Only 430,000 for Real Deal in the Kyle slot yesterday. Kyle got 1m on Friday. This is going to be a headache for ITV in so many ways.

It's hardly surprising, because I assume it attracts very different audiences. People who want to see family scraps and couples rowing probably won't care about how much an antique clock is worth.

Will those viewers be interested in watching Crosswits or whatever keeps being suggested?
WH
Whataday Founding member
Does anyone have a copy of the 09:25 junction on ITV yesterday morning, to see what was said in the continuity announcement?

It was "a change to the advertised programme", same as today - although today's announcement dropped off air half way through for some reason.
DJ Dave and Rexogamer gave kudos
RO
rob Founding member

LL
London Lite Founding member
New statement from ITV over the duty of care process.

FO
FanOfTV99
I did read on Presblog's twitter what Jeopardy should be on at 9:25.

I think that good be a good idea and maybe Wheel Of Fortune as well like they do in America.
SC
Si-Co
rob posted:

I wonder what was said on STV and UTV? Do UTV still receive continuity announcements during the day, or just clean idents?
JK
JKDerry
Right, put yourselves into the shows of ITV - would you bring it back after an interval break? We hear all what people think should or shouldn't replace it - what would you do if you were in charge?
NL
Ne1L C
If it was proven that the events of the show led to the passing of the person concerned then it should be cancelled then and there.

However if it was not proven that the events of the show led to the passing of the person then the show should return but with a lot and I mean a lot of changes.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Right, put yourselves into the shoes of ITV

As if people on here don't do that constantly.
GE
George12345
I really think that ITV has to think of a suitable replacement to give Jeremy Kyle a break in the year perhaps during the summer.

I do think an extended GMB could be an last resort option but I reckon putting Lorraine on between 9:25-10:30 would be madness.

I would like to see Tenable/Tipping Point on the slot, as folk have said it has worked before. The Kyle Files/Judge Rinder/Dickson’s Real Deal Between 3/4pm.

And bring an existing quiz show back like The people’s verses/ Cash Trapped or the one Andi Peters presented the name escapes me.
DW
DavidWhitfield
If it was proven that the events of the show led to the passing of the person concerned then it should be cancelled then and there.

However if it was not proven that the events of the show led to the passing of the person then the show should return but with a lot and I mean a lot of changes.

It's a difficult one, but you cannot always predict how people will respond to things, and therefore, nothing can ever be truly watertight.

Take a gameshow, for example. Contestant goes on, he's in a lot of debt and needs to win big. He pushes it and pushes it and ends up losing. He leaves with nothing, having pinned all his hopes on winning big and finally being debt-free.. He's crushed and decides that this was his one big chance and he blew it. He can't see a way out, and takes his own life.

Yes, it's a completely made-up example, but it COULD happen, just as a guest on The Jeremy Kyle Show COULD take their own life, having allegedly been "proven" to be a cheat on television.

Is the gameshow to blame because they shouldn't have dangled the carrot of wealth in front of him, prompting him to play on? Should it be taken off air?
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 15 May 2019 6:06am

Newer posts