TV Home Forum

Jeremy Kyle Axed

Latest: ITV axe show - page 20 onwards (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
Only 430,000 for Real Deal in the Kyle slot yesterday. Kyle got 1m on Friday. This is going to be a headache for ITV in so many ways.

If they ever do bring Kyle back, the could really try to ruin the show by putting it on ITV2 at 9.25am and leave open ITV for something else. Relegating it to ITV2 would help to carry on but ruin it too. Everyone can receive ITV2 now in 2019 no matter what service you watch it on, Freeview, Sky, Freesat, Virgin etc. Possible. American networks do the same with shows they need to end. Move it to their digital channels.
NL
Ne1L C
My thoughts are with the family of the deceased. Irrespective of the circumstances their wishes must come first IMHO.

When I first heard about what happened my first thought was of Michael Lush and I have to ask if ITV will feel it necessary to scrap the show entirely.
WH
Whataday Founding member
If they ever do bring Kyle back, the could really try to ruin the show by putting it on ITV2 at 9.25am and leave open ITV for something else. Relegating it to ITV2 would help to carry on but ruin it too. .

1. You do realise it's not 1998 and that scheduling shows on ITV2 is no longer a way in which to consign them to oblivion?

2. I'm sure ITV2 would love to inherit Jeremy Kyle considering the problems they've already had with their number one property. A real PR winner.

3. The Jeremy Kyle Show doesn't seem to need any assistance in "ruining" itself.
Last edited by Whataday on 14 May 2019 1:52pm
NL
Ne1L C
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUnd7v9y5TQ
HC
Hatton Cross
There is an ominous shadow, which ITV legal can see, which others can't at the moment.

This isn't the first suicide of a 'guest' on TJKS. Someone killed themselves 10 months after appearing on the show, and whilst the inquest at the time found no apparent link to the appearance, inquests can be reopened - and after the sad events of the weekend, plod may want another look at the evidence and statements.

For a programme to be linked to one tragic death, is of course troubling, for a possible second hovering in the background.

No wonder the programme production and transmission, and online archive have been withdrawn.

It is probably game over (no matter how many vauge terminology loopholes the ITV management spin to the staff) and if our friends at Ofcom take an interest..
NL
Ne1L C
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
WH
Whataday Founding member
I've been told that JK laid into the guest in typical style and the tape is very difficult to watch given the outcome.
NL
Ne1L C
Chances are it'll never see the light of day.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Only 430,000 for Real Deal in the Kyle slot yesterday. Kyle got 1m on Friday. This is going to be a headache for ITV in so many ways.

It's hardly surprising, because I assume it attracts very different audiences. People who want to see family scraps and couples rowing probably won't care about how much an antique clock is worth.
UK
UKnews

It'll be a key piece of evidence at the inquest, that will be reported, even if the footage itself is never broadcast.
JO
Jon

It'll be a key piece of evidence at the inquest, that will be reported, even if the footage itself is never broadcast.

And any subsequent prosecutions.
London Lite and Ne1L C gave kudos
NL
Ne1L C
Didn't think of that.

Newer posts