TV Home Forum

Jeremy Kyle Axed

Latest: ITV axe show - page 20 onwards (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
Revolution
I think a gameshow would be a good replacement. Win Lose or Draw anyone?

I would welcome a half-hour of Cluedo.
HA
harshy Founding member
I think a gameshow would be a good replacement. Win Lose or Draw anyone?

I would welcome a half-hour of Cluedo.

Keynotes with Alistair Duvall!
WH
Whataday Founding member
If the Mail article is accurate, I can't see the show morally making a return. The lie detectors are one of the trademark features of the show, and to think they can result in such a tragedy is beyond unsettling.

I agree. The brand is now toxic.

I can't imagine anyone at ITV Daytime feeling comfortable at the thought of the show's return. It's incredibly jarring to have a programme alleged to have driven a man to suicide lead into a show which has actively campaigned for Project 84.
AD
addlestones
Rylan's Supermarket Sweep anyone?
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Rylan's Supermarket Sweep anyone?

God no!
IS
Inspector Sands
It wasn't replaced this morning, ITV Nightscreen was on till 6.

That must be the first time in many years that their breakfast programme hasn't been preceded by something. I wonder how much inheritance they got off the early morning Kyle watchers?
IS
Inspector Sands
Jon posted:
If we take the story that has emerged at face value, I think there is the possibility that ITV could face criminal proceedings.

I'm struggling to think of how that would work, sure they had a moral responsibility to treat him well and provide aftercare, but where that fits into the law i don't know.

It could well come to some sort of civil case, I imagine the family are probably consulting one of those lawyers that probably advertise during Kyle's programme
RDJ posted:

WARNING: Strong Language and violence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aamT-oYpRw

same
JA
JAS84

Of course those who never watch it, have always wanted it to be axed, but don’t watch ITV on a morning neither now ans probably wouldn’t in any circumstances but remember when Trisha left and how well the replacements did? The less downmarket ones flopped, everyone watched Trisha on Five, and then along came Jeremy Kyle.

I remember Jerry Springer in both US and a UK version from Granada were fillers post Trisha. If I recall, Springer used the Kyle set before he did!
Yeah - they just relit the set, changing it from orange to blue.
London Lite and DeMarkay gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Jon posted:

In my view producers have created an atmosphere where particpants can be humilated, jeered and bullied by the presenter and the audience, in a way that wouldn't be accepted in any other walk of life. Some people must find that trumatic. So what appears to have happened doesn't come as a surprise and it's difficult to see how it could get past this and could you imagine ITV taking the risk of it happening a second time?

The programme is the modern television equivalent of the Colosseum 'entertainment' 1900 years ago, and rather
like the Roman Empire, it appears to have ended in tears.
Rexogamer and Ash101 gave kudos
BA
bilky asko
JAS84 posted:

Of course those who never watch it, have always wanted it to be axed, but don’t watch ITV on a morning neither now ans probably wouldn’t in any circumstances but remember when Trisha left and how well the replacements did? The less downmarket ones flopped, everyone watched Trisha on Five, and then along came Jeremy Kyle.

I remember Jerry Springer in both US and a UK version from Granada were fillers post Trisha. If I recall, Springer used the Kyle set before he did!
Yeah - they just relit the set, changing it from orange to blue.

I'd say it was closer to red:

I seem to recall that The Jerry Springer Show and The Jeremy Kyle Show had identical graphics and titles design, except the former was in red and the latter was in blue - were they trialling both for a full series, or was Jerry Springer always going to be a one-off run?

Yeah Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle were virtually identical except the colours.

JA
Jamesypoo
Reading/skimming over the articles I'm surprised on the quite quick turn around between filming and broadcast.
Rexogamer and Whataday gave kudos

Newer posts