The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
davidhorman
There's just been a short fluffy piece about a mis-spelling on some new Australian bank notes ("responsibilty") the newsreader had an understandable moment of difficulty saying the word as it's mis-spelt, and then said "It's really difficult sometimes, to say something incorrectly."

Ironically a few stories earlier she said "Tatankhumun" instead of Tutankhamun.

Just amused me a bit.
ST
Stuart
Ironically a few stories earlier she said "Tatankhumun" instead of Tutankhamun.

Just amused me a bit.

Actually, it's Tut-Ank-Amun. It's never pronounced correctly on TV apart from that bloke on Discovery.
BK
bkman1990
Lizo Mzimba had mentioned Ant McPartlin's name the wrong way round as Partlin McAnt in is his report on the BAFTA TV Awards on the News at 10 tonight.
SS
SuperSajuuk
Lizo Mzimba had mentioned Ant McPartlin's name the wrong way round as Partlin McAnt in is his report on the BAFTA TV Awards on the News at 10 tonight.

Sounded like partner Ant to me, but said really quickly, it could sound like that.
Josh, bkman1990 and davidhorman gave kudos
NE
newsdesk
Business Live has Reith now.

MO
Mouseboy33
Im sorry. Im not being funny or anything.... What is the point of leaving pretty much everything the same and but there is just a change to the font? Most viewers are hardly going to notice.
HA
harshy Founding member
MC4 posted:
Business Live has Reith now.

I wonder if they airbrushed it properly as clearly it was using World Business Report as the base for the Biz Live titles.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Im sorry. Im not being funny or anything.... What is the point of leaving pretty much everything the same and but there is just a change to the font? Most viewers are hardly going to notice.

I agree

You either give a show a new look to freshen it up, or you don't.

Very few people will notice a change in font, so whatever money they've spent, I can't really see the point.
HA
harshy Founding member
It’s in line with BBC World News shows the lower thirds haven’t changed just the titles, I suspect the final piece in the jigsaws will be after the European Elections when the lower thirds are unveiled.
MO
Moz

I agree

You either give a show a new look to freshen it up, or you don't.

Very few people will notice a change in font, so whatever money they've spent, I can't really see the point.

So you don't think an organisation should use the same typeface throughout? What about consistent branding of any kind? Should they just have different BBC logos for each channel, or even programme? Why not different music for each BBC News bulletin?

Of course not. There is such a cluttered marketplace nowadays that a strong and consistent brand is essential - and more and more a key part of that is the typeface.

BBC Reith is, in my view, a beautiful typeface and it makes total sense for the BBC to use it across all its services.
AL
ALV
Beyond 100 Days has a Reith refresh too.
BR
Brekkie
ALV posted:
Beyond 100 Days has a Reith refresh too.

Is that a show about how long it's taken to implement Reith?

Newer posts