« Topics
davidhorman2,236 posts since 8 Mar 2005
Channel Channel Islands
There's just been a short fluffy piece about a mis-spelling on some new Australian bank notes ("responsibilty") the newsreader had an understandable moment of difficulty saying the word as it's mis-spelt, and then said "It's really difficult sometimes, to say something incorrectly."

Ironically a few stories earlier she said "Tatankhumun" instead of Tutankhamun.

Just amused me a bit.
Andrew13,666 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Im sorry. Im not being funny or anything.... What is the point of leaving pretty much everything the same and but there is just a change to the font? Most viewers are hardly going to notice.

I agree

You either give a show a new look to freshen it up, or you don't.

Very few people will notice a change in font, so whatever money they've spent, I can't really see the point.
harshy6,195 posts since 24 Mar 2001
It’s in line with BBC World News shows the lower thirds haven’t changed just the titles, I suspect the final piece in the jigsaws will be after the European Elections when the lower thirds are unveiled.
Moz5,468 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
Wales Today
Im sorry. Im not being funny or anything.... What is the point of leaving pretty much everything the same and but there is just a change to the font? Most viewers are hardly going to notice.

I agree

You either give a show a new look to freshen it up, or you don't.

Very few people will notice a change in font, so whatever money they've spent, I can't really see the point.

So you don't think an organisation should use the same typeface throughout? What about consistent branding of any kind? Should they just have different BBC logos for each channel, or even programme? Why not different music for each BBC News bulletin?

Of course not. There is such a cluttered marketplace nowadays that a strong and consistent brand is essential - and more and more a key part of that is the typeface.

BBC Reith is, in my view, a beautiful typeface and it makes total sense for the BBC to use it across all its services.
#skillsforlife
Jay Lee gave kudos
No further posts are being accepted for this topic