TV Home Forum

Jeremy Kyle Axed

Latest: ITV axe show - page 20 onwards (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
JCB posted:
So what do ITV put in the show's place if it does get canned. I hope it ain't the Chase. Rolling Eyes

'You Just Can't Say Anything These Days' with Danny Baker.

It does put the whole Danny Baker thing into perspective though.
BM
BM11
There are suggestions the suspension is due to a murder in Gloucester over the weekend.

That might be just putting two and two together -combining the facts reported about the murder in Gloucester with how it could be trigged by actions the show is known for.
The Murder linked to the Jenny Jones show did not finish that show off.
Last edited by BM11 on 13 May 2019 3:51pm - 2 times in total
JO
Jon
BM11 posted:
There are suggestions the suspension is due to a murder in Gloucester over the weekend.

That might be just putting two and two together

Something of course you never do.
JA
james-2001
Considering the often nasty nature of the show, if anything it's suprising it's taken nearly 15 years for something like this to happen.
TV
TVVT
Britain’s Got Talent is on ITV2 now
BM
BM11
Jon posted:
BM11 posted:

That might be just putting two and two together

Something of course you never do.

Lol.
Does anyone know how far ahead the show is produced at the moment?
JO
Jon
Considering the often nasty nature of the show, if anything it's suprising it's taken nearly 15 years for something like this to happen.

It really it the worse programme on British TV, it exploits clearly vulnerable people under the pretence it’s helping them.

Things like the DNA tests annoy me, obviously the participants can agree to take part, but what choice do the kids have in having their parentage discussed on TV?
HC
Hatton Cross
I've thought that if ITV wanted a more current affairs studio audience based daily show (The Time The Place ver 2.0 if you like) then Jeremy would be a very good host for it.

However, with him presenting this current nuts and sluts format show, if they wanted to short test run it, would never get off the ground.

As it is, if this incident does lead to the swift end the show, in the short term he's probably got holiday cover for Piers on GMB over the summer to look forward to.
JA
JAS84
Melissa Ede, who'd been on Kyle multiple times and also appeared on Judge Rinder, died a couple of days ago.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/melissa-ede-jeremy-kyle-death-2862360
RD
RDJ
You never know they might bring Trisha back. At least that show never brought about as much controversy as JK did.

In all honesty if this incident did see about the end of the show then it really wouldn't be a bad thing. Even now I think it sticks out like a sore thumb compared to ITV's other output and other broadcasters Daytime output and is terribly outdated for this day and age.

You can't hype people up to be as overly dramatic, confrontational and controversial as possible for the telly when it's real life incidents you're dealing with, something which I think The Jeremy Kyle Show has forgotten in recent years.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
JAS84 posted:
Melissa Ede, who'd been on Kyle multiple times and also appeared on Judge Rinder, died a couple of days ago.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/melissa-ede-jeremy-kyle-death-2862360

That is probably completely unrelated. If you follow the links on that story it says she won the lottery 18 months ago and was recently admitted to hospital with chest pains, having awoken at 5am with them.

I think we need to be careful if we're going to try and dig through the various online news archives for clues as who's died in order to pull the Jeremy Kyle show off the air.
UB
UBox
Obviously thoughts go to those who've been impacted by this death and hopefully they'll have some answers soon to what happened. ITV face a tough one because I think Kyle isn't really that popular in other formats. I'll shamefully admit that on the occasions I watch the JK Show the best part is a feeling of 'thank god my life isn't like that' which is probably why it performs well. As for what's next if JK is axed? A move to C5 doesn't seem too implausible although an extension of GMB or GMB then Lorraine then GMB Today with Kyle at the helm might be an option.

Newer posts