TV Home Forum

Substitute programmes

(May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
How far in advance are HIGNFY guests booked?

I expect many weeks in advance, before the series starts.

But if they’d booked Danny Baker, they would have easily dropped him and drafted in one of the regular comedians at short notice.

I'm wondering if the producers thought it likely that the European elections wouldn't go ahead and thought it safe to book an MP.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Watch it all kick off on Twitter in 5, 4, 3...

The Daily Mail and Express will have a field day
JK
JKDerry
Virgin Media are truly crap with their EPG. It has not updated with the change in schedule. I have Virgin Tivo and Freesat, and the Freesat EPG has updated the new schedule, whilst Virgin Media still has Have I Got News For You on at 9pm.
VM
VMPhil

Panel show CANCELLED after 30 YEARS due to shocking reason - here's why
Newsroom24 and Lottie Long-Legs gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member
I did like the continuity

“If you’re tuning in for HIGNFY, we can’t bring you that tonight, but Mrs Brown’s Boys is now in half an hour...” Laughing Laughing
DV
dvboy
Virgin Media are truly crap with their EPG. It has not updated with the change in schedule. I have Virgin Tivo and Freesat, and the Freesat EPG has updated the new schedule, whilst Virgin Media still has Have I Got News For You on at 9pm.

Virgin EPG doesn't update live.
RE
Rexogamer
WILTY is fine; I have no interest in seeing MBB... although this does make me think that things will be a bit whacky after the news.
SP
Steve in Pudsey

UK
UKnews

Replies to the announcement from HNIGFY treating it with all the understanding of the nuance and subtleties around the issue that you’d expect. Especially around who produces the show and should have been aware of the rules around elections Rolling Eyes - which of course all now comes back as the BBC being blamed....
RE
Rexogamer
They probably should've not had the MP just in case but meh
IS
Inspector Sands

But if they’d booked Danny Baker, they would have easily dropped him and drafted in one of the regular comedians at short notice.

If that had been thge case I doubt he'd have wanted to appear. Guests have pulled out at the last minute a few times, famously Roy Hattlesly
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Although as a reply to the announcement tweet points out, Farage was on QT last night, what's the difference?
Brekkie and Rexogamer gave kudos

Newer posts