« Topics
JKDerry1,526 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
ITV News virtual studio is still the best of all the networks. It has been in use since January 2013 and still looks very good. The best of them all.

RTE News has a very good computer generated newsroom backdrop since their recent relaunch, however they do not use green screen.
Woodpecker421 posts since 19 Jan 2018
Central (West) Midlands Today
See, I disagree there. I think (and I’ve said this on here before) that there is something of the uncanny valley about ITV’s backdrop. The CGI chairs bug me especially, and I think the whole thing looks as if it’s been abandoned after a zombie apocalypse.

While I’ve also said this before, I think VTM’s backdrop is about the best of the virtual newsrooms (though the studio itself isn’t virtual). Real people were green-screened into said backdrop, in order to make it look more like a working newsroom:

Of course, you could always forget about making your virtual set look somewhat realistic, and go completely the other way, like ZDF do:

I must admit, though, for me, real beats virtual every time. And as for Sky itself, you wouldn’t think that that second set belonged to an international news channel, would you?
Mouseboy33 gave kudos
TTRWE70 posts since 9 Jul 2018
UTV BBC World
This looks as though they removed the 'screen' element of the green screen for this segment on Sunrise this morning. I think they should put the delay in that part of the studio and use it more often - it doesn't look too bad.

Looks more like a scene out of a computer game rather than real life.
kernow1,230 posts since 18 Jan 2006
Sky are showing an Oceans documentary at 2pm today, followed by The Pledge at 3pm. Two whole hours without news, is there any known reason?

Looks like a change to the schedule.

According to Digiguide, the schedule was supposed to be news at 2pm, Week in Interviews at 2:30pm, followed by an hour of news at 3pm.

Perhaps there's a technical or staffing reason why they can't show the scheduled news.

They normally show the headlines at the TOTH when they show something else such as a documentary in an hour-long slot. Were there any headlines shown at 2pm?
Reece24271 posts since 16 Mar 2017
Anglia (West) Look East
Sky are showing an Oceans documentary at 2pm today, followed by The Pledge at 3pm. Two whole hours without news, is there any known reason?

Looks like a change to the schedule.

According to Digiguide, the schedule was supposed to be news at 2pm, Week in Interviews at 2:30pm, followed by an hour of news at 3pm.

Perhaps there's a technical or staffing reason why they can't show the scheduled news.

They normally show the headlines at the TOTH when they show something else such as a documentary in an hour-long slot. Were there any headlines shown at 2pm?

No headlines at 2pm.