Media Websites

TV Forum

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
paul_hadley
One issue I have in a The Gallery - when tapping a star rating at the bottom of a thread off an iPhone it always seems to select the option for the one next to it. Just me?
JA
Jamesypoo
Also, from a UI point of view, it's not clear in each individual thread in the gallery whether, when you have rated a mock, the stars reflect the overall rating or your personal rating.
AJ
AJ
Can anything be done to make creating posts on mobile easier?

It's finicky at best on a desktop to add quotes and formatting. It's nightmarish on a touchscreen device.
NA
natwel27
Does anyone know how long you are classed as a 'New Member' for?
DO
dosxuk
Until you can successfully use the term "black tie" in a thread.
NA
natwel27
Huh? Confused
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Huh? Confused

Sarcasm Wink

Two or three months I believe, I was going to say "post count" but there's a bunch of people on the members list who have less posts than you and are not "new".
NA
natwel27
Thanks, it's just that there's a post limit per 24 hours for 'new members' and I wanted to know when that would be lifted.
BA
bilky asko
Huh? Confused

Sarcasm Wink

Two or three months I believe, I was going to say "post count" but there's a bunch of people on the members list who have less posts than you and are not "new".

It might be a combination, as I am sure I have seen "New Members" who have been members for over a year.
AS
Asa Admin
Yep, it’s a combination. 3+ months and a certain number of posts. Just helps stop those who make one post then lurk for a year.

Thanks, it's just that there's a post limit per 24 hours for 'new members' and I wanted to know when that would be lifted.

The newbie post limit is fairly high. If you’re hitting it, I’d suggest quality over quantity (sounds familiar).
NA
natwel27
Asa posted:
Yep, it’s a combination. 3+ months and a certain number of posts. Just helps stop those who make one post then lurk for a year.

The newbie post limit is fairly high. If you’re hitting it, I’d suggest quality over quantity (sounds familiar).

Thanks, and I actually haven't had too much of a problem with the limit as of recently so all is working well for now.

11 days later

WH
Whataday Founding member
Can I just ask for the reasoning for having a swear word filter? We're all grown ups surely?

Newer posts