TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SH
Sh1ruba
dbl posted:
Josh posted:
dbl posted:
I really like how this week includes the deaf community.

It is Deaf Awareness Week after all!

Well I wasn't aware of that, did its job!

I think it's a nice way to promote it and get it across to a wider audience.

It's also a nice break from the usual logo-themed art pieces too.
BR
Brekkie
Must say although individually they've been quite hit and miss I do think collectively this campaign is actually delivering, possibly more so because it's not really something you expect from ITV. It's also good they are pushing the logo front and centre - presumably after doing that whatever they run with next year the logo won't be changing (it's easily the best they've had since the 1989 version).
NA
natwel27
I wonder what a Oneness Deaf Awareness Week ident would be like?
LO
lobster
I wonder what a Oneness Deaf Awareness Week ident would be like?

A wobbly handheld shot of some customers milling around specsavers, I would have thought...
NA
natwel27
Wouldn't surprise me...
SP
Spencer
A really nice idea, and positive thing for ITV to incorporate sign language in their idents to promote Deaf Awareness Week.

But the ident itself... its a bit boring, isn’t it?
JO
Jon
I disagree. Most people probably won’t get it on the first couple of viewings and then it will dawn on them and then they’ll spend the next couple of viewings taking in all the individual signs. Something you don’t really get with most of the others.

It also has some colour the lack of which has been a big negative for me so far.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
There's an interview here with the curator of the 'ITV Creates' idents. Filming started in September 2018 and they are filmed in batches about 6 weeks ahead of broadcast.

https://thecuratorssalon.com/artist-blog/2019/4/19/charlie-levine-and-itv-creates
NA
natwel27
I see why some people might think it's boring, but on closer inspection and with extra given thought, you begin to realise how creatively clever yet simplistic it is.

Less is more in some cases (excluding oneness which is too little), and the most clever ideas are ones that can be conveyed through something that is seemingly dull and insignificant.
SP
Spencer
I just think they’ve taken something like sign language which by its nature relies on movement, and made something static and lifeless. And many of the previous idents have used a lot more colour - five generally, to TVF’s disgust. Wink
JO
Josh
There's an interview here with the curator of the 'ITV Creates' idents. Filming started in September 2018 and they are filmed in batches about 6 weeks ahead of broadcast.

https://thecuratorssalon.com/artist-blog/2019/4/19/charlie-levine-and-itv-creates

So, we'll be seeing ones filmed now in November and ones that we're seeing now were filmed in December (2018), then?
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Josh posted:

So, we'll be seeing ones filmed now in November and ones that we're seeing now were filmed in December (2018), then?

No, that's my poor interpretation of what was said. Filming started in September, they are filmed in batches and there are 6 weeks worth on hand as of April would be a better way of putting it.

Newer posts