The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SS
SuperSajuuk
Really liking the double-headed presentation in Studio E due to the Royal Baby announcement. It just shows this presentation style should really make a return to the channel instead of everything being single-headed on the NC Very Happy
RN
Rolling News
Is it me or did they use a slightly different trundle shot of the newsroom at 3pm? It was as though the camera was stuck and then started to pan forward slightly. Never seen it before.
WO
Worzel
Is it me or did they use a slightly different trundle shot of the newsroom at 3pm? It was as though the camera was stuck and then started to pan forward slightly. Never seen it before.

Looked more like all the cameras were stuck in the wrong positions to be honest. The studio shot was completely static.
BR
Brekkie
So is Simon McCoy on duty this afternoon?
RN
Rolling News

No I'm guessing he's off due to Bank Holiday as Carrie Gracie is in the studio (joined by Philippa Thomas). However Annita McVeigh is now reporting from Windsor who I hazard a guess wasn't scheduled for today either.
WO
Worzel

No I'm guessing he's off due to Bank Holiday as Carrie Gracie is in the studio (joined by Philippa Thomas). However Annita McVeigh is now reporting from Windsor who I hazard a guess wasn't scheduled for today either.

Probably comes down to who lives the nearest.
NE
News96
But it sounds as through Annita had her phone on all weekend ready for the call (like an on-call style situation).

Last edited by News96 on 7 May 2019 10:19pm
WO
Worzel
I'll just leave this here...

News96 and Rolling News gave kudos
NA
natwel27
Looks fun... Very Happy
SW
Steve Williams
I'll just leave this here...

DV
dvboy
The NC seems to have Astons relating to the Pompeo visit stuck on during a story on the NHS
SS
SuperSajuuk
Good to see that the 3pm weather bulletin on Afternoon Live is now presented as a live piece from the balcony studio, rather than just being multiple pre-recorded clips.

Newer posts