TV Home Forum

ITV to open theme park

(May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
As for an ITV theme park - I think they could build the best theme park with the best rides in the world, but theming it around ITV shows would kill it at birth.

The Dierdre Barlow log flume and the Ant & Dec rollercoaster.
BR
Brekkie
On a similar theme notice ads now for Ninja Warrior centres (one in Wigan I think, another in South Wales), presumably licenced via ITV or the production company.

As for an ITV theme park - I think they could build the best theme park with the best rides in the world, but theming it around ITV shows would kill it at birth.

It's in Stoke and Wigan.

https://adventure.ninjawarrioruk.co.uk/stoke/

Both have been open since late last year.

Thanks - think Stoke is a border town when it comes to regional TV but both essentially in Granadaland.
:-(
A former member

Bumper cars for Ant, surely?
KE
kernow

The Jeremy Kyle Freak Show
JB
JasonB

The Rovers Return Fire Fun House
Judge Rinders Court Room. You get to play with his, erm, gavel. *ahem*
TROGGLES and james-2001 gave kudos
JA
james-2001

Isn't that just your average city centre on a Saturday night?
JC
JCB
Whatever they stick the 'Good Morning Britian' name on i'm sure nobody will go on it but it'll be "talked about".
IT
IndigoTucker

Thanks - think Stoke is a border town when it comes to regional TV but both essentially in Granadaland.

Stoke is definitively Central land - we even have our own Central relay. The outlying villages and other settlements not so much though, but the actual Six Towns are Central.
JA
JAS84
On a similar theme notice ads now for Ninja Warrior centres (one in Wigan I think, another in South Wales), presumably licenced via ITV or the production company.

The ITV section at this theme park is supposed to be based on CITV stuff - like Thunderbirds Are Go.
AJ
AJ
For a kiddies area, it makes some sense in a similar way to CBeebies land at Alton Towers - although isn't CITV more of a content importer than creator nowadays? Not sure how much original and up to date IP they have to offer other than Thunderbirds Are Go.

Outside of kids content, they do have some IP that could work:
* I'm A Celeb had a relatively good attraction at Thorpe Park (and that license has run out now)
* Saturday Night Takeaway - if they can make Tonight with Jimmy Fallon in to a ride in Florida, then why not?
* Coronation Street - similar to the old Granada Studios attraction after they moved to Salford

The resort itself is supposed to be having shows too - so there's no reason why they couldn't do a stage show of some type based on an IP. Downton Abbey, Brainiac and Dancing on Ice could all work in some way.

Combined with the BBC Worldwide deal that they already have, there is some scope for a decent theme park (Doctor Who, a Planet Earth 4D attraction perhaps)

That said, the track record of the company proposing this resort isn't great so far. It's suffered lengthy delays already and was due to open this year, but Paramount pulled out early on and Aardman have just pulled out too - so I'm not entirely sure this will ever happen.
BR
Brekkie
The News at Ten rollercoaster would be the most logical ride - a recreation of the classic London fly through titles.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Granada Studios actually had a ride that used News At Ten footage.

Newer posts