« Topics
BFGArmy317 posts since 15 Jan 2018
London London
This is the sports programme from Sky News Arabia's virtual studio.

That is horrible looking. The current Sky News UK presentation is a bit minimalistic and dull but at least it means we don't get something like THAT.
And unlike some here I'm not a huge fan of that SNA clip - the graphics are decent but I think the backdrop and overall look is slightly too glossy and almost rather dated.
Ratflump and Justin gave kudos
skyviewer1,617 posts since 9 Feb 2011
This is the sports programme from Sky News Arabia's virtual studio.

That is horrible looking. The current Sky News UK presentation is a bit minimalistic and dull but at least it means we don't get something like THAT.
And unlike some here I'm not a huge fan of that SNA clip - the graphics are decent but I think the backdrop and overall look is slightly too glossy and almost rather dated.

I can understand your point, but I think this is all better than having a dull glass box studio with greenish beige looking background walls and the sun shining into it.
Brekkie and Gibsy gave kudos
Reece24271 posts since 16 Mar 2017
Anglia (West) Look East
What did Sky do for the local elections? I wasn't able to watch

Similar to what they have been doing for the key Brexit votes over the past few months, in terms of set up.
Sophy was in the Millbank studio with a rotating panel of guests, and Lewis Goodhall was in the glassbox going through the key results.
freddied056 gave kudos
freddied056576 posts since 29 Dec 2016
Meridian (South) South Today
What did Sky do for the local elections? I wasn't able to watch

Similar to what they have been doing for the key Brexit votes over the past few months, in terms of set up.
Sophy was in the Millbank studio with a rotating panel of guests, and Lewis Goodhall was in the glassbox going through the key results.

Thanks for that. A good idea could be to use the new studio, but having the green screen as a backdrop to the desk (as the desk is not stuck to the floor). That way they could maybe have a balcony-newsroom backdrop in the green screen behind the desk, and use the three big screens normally used as the background for graphs and results