TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green (September 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TR
TROGGLES
Multi posted:
Richie Driss has been confirmed as the new Blue Peter presenter

They seem to be turning up the 'beautiful people' dial these days, or as a colleague of mine put it male totty Very Happy I have no idea if you can get away with saying that these days... lets see Shocked
VM
VMPhil
In typical cyclical fashion, Newsround got rid of the beautifully designed NR logo from Saatchi & Saatchi because it wouldn't work as an app, and then realised their new logo didn't work as an app either, and had to make a new NR from the new logo which looks worse than the original one.

Every time I see the new Newsround logo I also think how much the classic 'NR' logo is missed. Made in 2002 and hasn't aged a day.
watchingtv and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos
FA
fanoftv

Every time I see the new Newsround logo I also think how much the classic 'NR' logo is missed. Made in 2002 and hasn't aged a day.

I agree about the old logo, possibly with exception to the smarties titles.

Also the 1997 logo was the first to use Nr as the main logo still looks great in my opinion, and accompanied by the theme tune felt more serious.

I wasn’t as much of a fan of the 2000 remix and refresh.
Lou Scannon and watchingtv gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
Oh, the titles didn’t need to stay the same. They were in fact updated several times until the logo was dropped. I wouldn’t have even minded breaking out the ‘nr’ letters or putting them in a more icon-like square shape if they insisted it must look like that.
FA
fanoftv
I agree with that, the logo was very strong in type as newsround and the nr logo. I wasn’t a fan of the last the branding with the pipes and music inspired by the original theme. The 2002 branding was very strong.
JO
Josh
Ellen Evans has been appointed as the new Blue Peter editor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2019/blue-peter-editor
RD
RDJ
First female since Biddy Baxter. Wonder if she’ll take a new direction for the show.

28 days later

JO
Josh

London Lite and DeMarkay gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
They seem to be turning up the 'beautiful people' dial these days, or as a colleague of mine put it male totty Very Happy I have no idea if you can get away with saying that these days... lets see Shocked

I'm not sure this is new. Tim Vincent and Simon Thomas come to mind.
London Lite and Lou Scannon gave kudos
WO
Worzel
I think Lindsey Russell's pretty nice to be honest. I'm sure she brings in a certain section of a male audience too. Wink
LL
London Lite Founding member

I'm not sure this is new. Tim Vincent and Simon Thomas come to mind.

I certainly remember the likes of Katy Hill, Konnie Huq and Zoe Salmon also being more on the eye candy side, but they also brought their natural ability of being bang on target with the audience and inspiring kids.
BR
Brekkie
Josh posted:

Retiring from what? Very Happy

Newer posts