The Newsroom

Elections 2019

(May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
I noticed on the EPG and in the introduction that the 'giant touchscreen' is one of the big selling points of the BBC's coverage, which seems unusually flashy for the BBC.
DV
dvboy
I'm surprised they use the branding as just "Election 2019", considering there is most likely going to be another in three weeks time and could well be a third before the year is out.

Some graphics issues already.
DF
DrewF

Spot the weird masking effect on screen for a few seconds on the second screenshot.
DO
dosxuk
I’m embarrassed to ask for a reminder but...

Please could someone outline what studio is what. #sorry

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post1164760#post-1164760

DrewF posted:
Spot the weird masking effect on screen for a few seconds on the second screenshot.

Feeding video from a camera to a keyer set up for displaying graphics.
NE
Newsroom
The blurry newsroom backdrop looks as crap as feared. Nice desk though.

Is exactly what I said hours ago.
RK
Rkolsen
Shame the closed off the studio. Probably would have made good use of the entire space. I am curious where they are hiding the cameras.
NE
Newsroom
I really don’t think Reeta is the right person for this role.

It’s Maitlis or Vine.
GR
griffinuk
Sky News' coverage is really low key this time around... quite surprised by that.
VM
VMPhil
Video of BBC coverage introduction:

MO
Moz
I am curious where they are hiding the cameras.

Well as the green area below isn’t really there, I’d have thought that’s where they’re hiding them!

BA
bilky asko
Has anyone else spotted the slight star-filter effect on the handheld camera pointing at the mega-touchscreen? Not very election-y.

EDIT: Ben Bland is taking on the summary role.
Last edited by bilky asko on 3 May 2019 12:38am
DV
dvboy
Not sure why they include the election in the news summary, they would be better having Huw introduce Jessica Parker's package as a reminder of what's at stake and what's happened so far, with Ben Bland summarising other news.

But this is the BBC News Channel where nothing ever flows seamlessly between segments.

Huw seems to have a good grip on what's going on, much more than Reeta has done at the touch screen. I expected a bit more from her than just reading out numbers that we can all see.
Last edited by dvboy on 3 May 2019 12:46am

Newer posts