« Topics
Steve in Pudsey10,163 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Was there anyway that the Budget Slide announcer was the one on the BBC 2 Shift? Was it possible for network controllers to swap channels? Maybe it cam from NC3. Was that still going at this point?

There was a lip mic at the back of the gallery for contingency use if Con died. Or I guess if it wasn't pre recorded, the other option is Pres A's voice over booth, normally used for voicing trails.
Write that down in your copybook now.
Hatton Cross3,263 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
Oddly facinating. I knew there would be a large collection of the more visual out-takes, but good to see they included some of the dialog heavy clips. Hats off to the actors/interpreters for coming up with different voices, including the muffle effect on the gentleman when his false teeth make a bid for freedom.

But, here's something. No audience laughing on the John McCririck flying hat clip. There's audable laughter all the way through the original one, but not here. Curious.
My user name might look like Hatton Cross, but it's pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove.
Neil Jones5,405 posts since 23 Dec 2001
Central (West) Midlands Today

No - but it does remind me of that PPV movie service about 8 years ago now which lasted about a month on Freeview.

I think it used the Xtraview "encryption" system. Can't remember the name now.

TView?
https://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/news/tview-launches-on-freeview.html
https://tvforum.uk/tvhome/tview-32100/

Lasted two weeks. Was a "test" apparently, which looking at the TV Forum thread fell over in the first hour. Brilliant!
MrDexB173 posts since 21 Jul 2014 Recently warned
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Just posted on YouTube - a very, very rare occasion when instead of the 1981 BBC News titles, a simple title caption was used instead. Funny, because I was thinking of if the titles might have been down.
Letterboxd: letterboxd.com/iammrdexb
Twitter: IAmMrDexB
YouTube: youtube.com/booproductionsltd
sda| gave kudos