TV Home Forum

ITV to open theme park

(May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NL
Ne1L C
I've just seen this story on the Guardian's website:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/shortcuts/2019/may/01/itv-theme-park-midsomer-murders-experience-attractions

As much I wish them the best of luck I can't help but feel this will be a waste of money. What do you think?
DA
davidhorman
Not sure why The Krypton Factor is being illustrated with a photo of Anneka Rice. Probably because a first draft had Treasure Hunt there instead before someone realised the mistake.

It's not at all clear that it's going to be an "ITV Theme Park" but rather that it's going to be a theme park with, possibly, some ITV-related bits in it.
MA
Markymark
Not sure why The Krypton Factor is being illustrated with a photo of Anneka Rice. Probably because a first draft had Treasure Hunt there instead before someone realised the mistake.

It's not at all clear that it's going to be an "ITV Theme Park" but rather that it's going to be a theme park with, possibly, some ITV-related bits in it.

Well, Treasure Hunt was a C4 show as well. Oh well, that's what happens when you get someone who wasn't even alive in the 80s, to write an article.
IN
Interceptor
It isn't ITV opening a theme park, it's a company seeking to open a theme park who've struck a licensing agreement - and it's highly unlikely at this stage that it will ever get even close to opening given that company's track record.

Incidentally, there was an ITV (well, Granada) theme park. In fact there were three, at least one of which had a Krypton Factor assault course.
MA
mannewskev
Simpler times, but I really enjoyed going to Granada Studios Tour in the late 80s/early 90s. You could go on (a replica of?) The Return of the Antelope set, where everything was giant. (It was about shipwrecked Lilliputians, who were vertically challenged...)
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Yes it's not an ITV theme park. BBC Worldwide & Aardman Animations have signed license agreements to feature attractions in the same park.
VM
VMPhil
I was wondering what had happened to this:

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/itv-theme-park-london-42877/
WH
Whataday Founding member
ITV have licensed IP to theme parks before. Most recently the I'm A Celebrity Maze at Thorpe Park, which didn't last long.

CO
Colorman
Aardman Animations have today announced they are withdrawing from the theme park, but BBC Worldwide appears to be remaining
JA
james-2001
Not entirely new, Granada did own The American Adventure back in the 90s! Though the only TV related thing I remember them ever having was the "Iron Wolf" rollercoaster (Gladiators themed). Lost the name and theming once Granada sold the park on.
NL
Ne1L C
There was a crinkley bottom theme park in the 90’s
AN
Andrew Founding member
Why must every news story always have a misleading headline these days, even in The Guardian!

It isn't an ITV theme park, they've just licenced their brands to be used within a new theme park.

Newer posts