Media Websites

Twitter (and other social media) Gold Thread

Sharing the best from Twitter... before closing time! (April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
No idea why the above post was even made? (IE its not tv pres? how is it tv pres? )

He clearly thought the resemblance to a swear word was "Twitter Gold".
VM
VMPhil
New issue of TV Years looks interesting:

33 days later

NW
nwtv2003
Transdiffusion yesterday posted a Telegraph article from 1971 regarding a potential ITV2. In addition to this the one and only Dave Jeffrey made some pretty decent mock ideas of how ITV2 would look amongst the Big 5... (see Tweet chain)

JA
JAS84
The Thames 2, Granada 2, and LW2 logos look realistic, but I really can't see ATV2 or Yorkshire 2's looking like that.
IS
Inspector Sands
JAS84 posted:
The Thames 2, Granada 2, and LW2 logos look realistic, but I really can't see ATV2 or Yorkshire 2's looking like that.

The Granada one looks familiar, didn't they use it, without the 1, for their. 21st anniversary?

The ATV one is quite clever but I don't think they ever have come up with it. How realistically they'd be used would depend on how good an ident they would make. They're all good but they were designed as logos, I don't think most would be feasible on air
MA
markmcm@tvark
The mock Trident TV 2 ident is an interesting concept, using the chevron. The actual Trident TV logo looked like this...

http://www.mcmweb.co.uk/tridenttv.jpg
JA
JAS84
Surprising colour scheme. Thought it would have yellow, not green. After all, that's what colour both Yorkshire and Tyne Tees's logos were.
MA
markmcm@tvark
JAS84 posted:
Surprising colour scheme. Thought it would have yellow, not green. After all, that's what colour both Yorkshire and Tyne Tees's logos were.

Yes, very colourful! This was slapped over the top of the YTV ident (possibly for international export purposes). Here's the accompanying endcap:

http://www.mcmweb.co.uk/tridenttvendcap.jpg
EL
elmarko
yeah but RGB for colour etc

63 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Love this crossover Tweet from BBCiPlayer (vis Love Island)

IS
Inspector Sands
One for all you BBC News countdown fans

16 days later

NW
nwtv2003
I recommend following @ITVonStrike on Twitter, currently sharing newspaper articles and quotes from the 1979 strike. Nearly 40 years to the day and all...

Steve Williams and Ne1L C gave kudos

Newer posts