The Newsroom

BBC World News | 30th October 2017 Onwards

(October 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
The World daytime bulletins in Studio C are (so far) using the overnight backdrop as opposed to the light blue sky version. (So far both 0600 and 0700 hours are displaying this).

Flick of a switch.........or a technical issue......
JW
JamesWorldNews
Back to normal now. 8am London time.
HA
harshy Founding member
Seems these problems are affecting bbc news in general today Andrew Marr Show started in Studio A and are now on the opposite side of Studio B
SP
Steve in Pudsey
If the top of the programme came from A, I suspect that was a pre recorded opening. Moving mid programme seems very unlikely.
MI
m_in_m
If the top of the programme came from A, I suspect that was a pre recorded opening. Moving mid programme seems very unlikely.

I think the top of the programme has been pre-recorded for a long time. I don't know if it always has been but I'm sure it is now.
JW
JamesWorldNews
A few glitches here and there on World today. Poor Aaron Heslehurst has had a rough one today.
RK
Rkolsen
A few glitches here and there on World today. Poor Aaron Heslehurst has had a rough one today.

I hate saying it but I turned it off half way. The audio was messed up and there were wrong graphics, lives and what not.
DV
dvboy
Newsday being co-anchored from Tokyo instead of Singapore tonight.

19 days later

RK
Rkolsen
Overnight the SD North American World News feed finally switched to 4:3 letter boxed 16:9 (before it was letter boxed 14:9). It’s very rare here for a cable channels SD feed to be transmitted in 16:9 SD in itself - it’s almost always letterboxed (digital subchannels are typically 16:9 SD). My TiVo allows me to zoom the 4:3 letterbox to fill the screen as if it was transmitted in 16:9 SD. However many cable boxes (including my X1) typically just offer an option to stretch the image to the 16:9 width resulting in an image as if you’re watching a widescreen movie.
AL
ALV
Seems like there’s no mention here - today’s daytime bulletins is presented from Studio B instead of Studio C. Seems like C is down for maintenance today. Kinda weird that they didn’t decamp to D or A instead, and that they have extra camera operators to work in the weekends.

Last edited by ALV on 19 May 2019 3:29pm - 3 times in total
JW
JamesWorldNews
....and they’ve forgotten to raise the desk in that shot, above.

C getting a wee bit of attention before becoming heavily used for the next 9 days for all output whilst B is having an election.
JO
Joe
Is that background often used? About 20 billion times better than the newsroom backdrop (I refer to the filmed background, not the real one of studio E).

Newer posts