« Topics
fanoftv8,078 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
It looks like Sky News Arabia is about to get a new look. Promos featuring the new logo and set are being run on the channel at the moment.

This has been posted to the sky news Arabia channel earlier today. I like the style of the graphics at the end, in a similar vein to the old blue top of the hour.

EDIT: Another with more graphics showing, and some hints of the studio.
WW Update gave kudos
Neil Jones5,218 posts since 23 Dec 2001
Central (West) Midlands Today
Looks nice.

There used to be a time where Arabia used to lag a graphics set behind Sky News UK, presumably this is going to catapult them a graphics set ahead? Since they've never been too far out of sync with the UK operation perhaps it could foreshadow what the UK channel is going to do? Doubtful but stranger things have happened so...
cat2,560 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Sky News Arabia showing up the UK channel. Even the logo, with that blue, looks better

An extremely low bar. The UK channel seems to have given up on caring about its appearance years ago.

That said, not a huge fan of the Arabia studio and graphics. Looks very dark and a bit too CGI for me - but that works in the MENA market.

Sky News UK seriously needs to get a grip on presentation. They do some great in report graphics and news wall infographics, and I like the new sidebar stuff.

But the studios, camera angles, ident, music, lower thirds... in desperate need of change.
Mouseboy33 gave kudos