TV Home Forum

Loose Women

From TVC - April 2018 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CM
cmatthews13a
what posted:
This may be a good time to mention an interview I saw with the Loose Women in a magazine last year, where it was mentioned in conversation that there’s been discussions regarding them swapping with the hosts of The View for a couple of episodes this year.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a868288/loose-women-today-panel-whoopi-goldberg-2018-interview/

Whoopi suggested that idea during her Loose Women appearance last year. Maybe it will work? Who knows?
JO
Jonwo
I think the women of The View would find the Loose Women format too restrictive, the topics are very tame and they can’t talk about politics and I think the Loose Women would be a bit out of their depth on The View
GO
gomedia
I wish there were a show more like The View here. Loose Women is more like The Talk in that they don't deep delve into political matters. They do there more 'gossipy' topics on The View, but usually after a good amount of political debate to lighten the mood. I mean, they get serious political figures (particularly now on the run up to the 2020 Presidential Election) on The View and seems to be increasingly seen as a serious platform and the same cannot be said for Loose Women. But Loose Women certainly has it's place, but if I happen to come across a Loose Women video online, I'm more interested when they do more serious topics and debates.

Personally I'd say BBC Two at 11AM would be a great slot for such a show. Between Victoria Derbyshire and Politics Live, never really liked Newsroom Live. The View airs at 11am on the east coast also. Not sure how an all women panel would work with the TV Licence crowd, but in that case maybe Channel 4.
:-(
A former member
I’m bored of people banging on about The View, not gonna lie.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Probably deserving of its own thread as opposed to hijacking the Loose one.

Having seen a couple of full length episodes this week, I have to say the current studio set is probably the best ever in Loose Women history. Great coloring and layout in all aspects.

I notice some very rapid camera work, though. Shots seem to cut every 2 or 3 seconds on occasion, making it quite a giddy ride. Has anyone else noticed?
FA
fanoftv
Each to their own, whilst I like the design of the set I’m not a fan of the blended blue to pink. The pink to cream screens on set work better imo. I still don’t think it’s a patch on the last London Studios set.
JW
JamesWorldNews
So, Coleen is taking to the stage later in the year, in an acting role as opposed to a musical role.

Out of the blue.

10 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Jonwo posted:
I think the women of The View would find the Loose Women format too restrictive, the topics are very tame and they can’t talk about politics and I think the Loose Women would be a bit out of their depth on The View

Kaye Adams, Jane Moore, Ruth Langsford and JSP are all more than capable of holding their own in any serious debate, as was recently proven in the stramash between Kaye and Jane who, incidentally, haven't appeared together since.

McGiff can also wade in to the serious stuff.

11 days later

MI
michaelb
Jonwo posted:

Kaye Adams, Jane Moore, Ruth Langsford and JSP are all more than capable of holding their own in any serious debate, as was recently proven in the stramash between Kaye and Jane who, incidentally, haven't appeared together since.

McGiff can also wade in to the serious stuff.

Kaye and Jane only occasionally appear together and when that happens usually Kaye is anchoring so is not a coincidence.
JW
JamesWorldNews
They appeared together last week in fact, in exactly the format you mention. So my theory is right out the window....
HB
HarryB
I noticed that both the intro of Friday and Monday's episodes had removed the LIVE on the voiceover at the start of the show. Didnt know they pre recorded the programes for easter monday and good friday
JO
Jonwo
They recorded those back in March when they were off due to Horse Racing.

The May ones have already been prerecorded

Newer posts