TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MR
mr_vivian
It looks great in HD
FA
fanoftv
It’s a nice tweak, but the animations are a little harsh compared to the previous.

It was nice to see the re use of the England flag background (as used during the World Cup) to celebrate St. George’s Day.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I'm surprised we didn't see similar flags for St Davids Day however.
DM
DeMarkay
Phillip had to cut the Loose Women off during the teaser a few minutes ago.

They were tight for time.

Has this ever happened before?
AL
alexhduk
Newsroom24 and DeMarkay gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
Ruth didn't sound happy then.
BroadcastWales and DeMarkay gave kudos
RE
Reece24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2xs10t5Ng

Ruth: "I only had about two more words to say..."
FA
fanoftv
If they were that short on time why didn’t they just say “Here’s the competition”, the VT talks over the prizes anyway. By the sounds of it they had a performance that must run to a specific time, unlike an interview.
PF
PFML84
Anything that cuts Loose Women off is only to be celebrated.
AN
Andrew Founding member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2xs10t5Ng

Ruth: "I only had about two more words to say..."

It made the papers by the way

Or should I say

SHOCK as Phil CUTS OFF Ruth LIVE on air.
SC
Si-Co
I assume TM didn’t know how much longer the Loose Women promo was going to run for, and Phil had someone shouting in his ear. It took as long to apologise and cut Ruth off as it would have done to let her finish, but they obviously didn’t know that. It does look a bit messy and unprofessional the way it was done - and as others have said, Phil could have shortened his own own throw to the competition feature if they had to hit that, or something else, bang on time.
JB
JasonB
If TM were really pushed for time the smartest thing they could have done is scrap the Loose Women preview rather than rush through it.

Newer posts