TV Home Forum

The BBC and Channel 4

The Masters of Comedy (April 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DM
DeMarkay
Hi everyone.

I hope you all agree when I say that the BBC and Channel 4 are absolute masters when it comes to creating great British Comedies.

I thought this thread would be a great space for you all to share some of your favourite comedy programmes produced by the BBC and Channel 4 in the last twenty or so years!

Thanks! Very Happy
JF
JetixFann450

Brass Eye is quite a underrated Channel 4 classic.
paul_hadley and DeMarkay gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc1P-AEaEp8

I'm going to presume the 2001 "special" was supposed to only be a one off and a revival was not chased down by the Daily Mail due to its subject matter?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Hi everyone.

I hope you all agree when I say that the BBC and Channel 4 are absolute masters when it comes to creating great British Comedies.

I thought this thread would be a great space for you all to share some of your favourite comedy programmes produced by the BBC and Channel 4 in the last twenty or so years!

Thanks! Very Happy

It's usual to provide some of your own ideas when starting a thread like this.

It's a shame you limited this to 20 years because of you go back a bit further (ok, a lot further) ITV were definitely doing much more comedy.
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc1P-AEaEp8

I'm going to presume the 2001 "special" was supposed to only be a one off and a revival was not chased down by the Daily Mail due to its subject matter?

My understanding is that it was only ever meant to be a one-off in 2001.

I know Paedogeddon leaves some people very cold and I understand the reason why, particularly since I have become a father myself.

However, for me, "Paedogeddon" and "Drugs" are the finest examples of British satire that I have ever seen or ever likely will see. Chris Morris is a genius.

Quote:
"Security footage from Sheffield shows a paedophile disguised as a school. Have you seen him. Do you know him? Call us. - Yes, we must catch him. This man really is a ****."

Quote:
"Paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that's a scientific fact: there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact."

Quote:
"What is cake? Well, it has an active ingredient which is a dangerous psychoactive compound known as "dimesmeric andersonphospate". It stimulates the part of the brain called "Shatner's bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with time perception. So a second feels like a month. Well, it almost sounds like fun, unless you're the Prague schoolboy who walked out into the street, straight in front of a tram. He thought he'd got a month to cross the street."

JetixFann450 and Lou Scannon gave kudos

Newer posts