The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 2018 Refresh

(June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
mannewskev
This is the same Victoria Derbyshire that didn't move to Salford when 5live did? Non-starter.

The Derbyshire format doesn't necessarily need to have Victoria at the helm. Chloe Tilley IMHO is the next best presenter on the format and more accessible than Victoria is at delivering it.

The discussion was about Victoria Derbyshire though, so it's a valid point. Sure, her programme could be done by someone else, but if that's a permanent thing, it's then a different programme.
RN
Rolling News
So, how was Chris Eakin this morning on Breakfast?

Wow, I didn't even know he was on! Just looked at his Twitter, he was on the sofa to review the papers at 07:20 and then back a little later at 08:40 to discuss the sailor Robin Knox-Johnston for anyone who wants to catch up on iPlayer. Just watched, probably the most watchable I'd found Breakfast in years.

Naga mentioned he'd presented on the Breakfast sofa before years ago. When exactly was this? I know he presented some weekend editions from the old News 24 set c.2005 but wasn't aware he'd appeared on the sofa?
LL
London Lite Founding member
This is the same Victoria Derbyshire that didn't move to Salford when 5live did? Non-starter.

The Derbyshire format doesn't necessarily need to have Victoria at the helm. Chloe Tilley IMHO is the next best presenter on the format and more accessible than Victoria is at delivering it.

The discussion was about Victoria Derbyshire though, so it's a valid point. Sure, her programme could be done by someone else, but if that's a permanent thing, it's then a different programme.

Not necessarily. Jeremy Vine is a carbon-copy of The Wright Stuff, using the same format, down to the graphics, the co-presenter to the regular rotation of guests.

The Derbyshire show can be more or less the same format with Chloe, Joanna or Dave from Accounts.
Lou Scannon and Schwing gave kudos
HA
harshy Founding member
so i am guessing tomorrow is the day, we will find out soon enough if these changes are indeed exciting, or we just overreacted like typical TV Forumers we are.

I would put money on the latter. As I've said, I strongly suspect Mobbs was alluding to changes on Newsround as posted about elsewhere.

He did mention changes happening this week unless Newsround is changing this week.
MA
mannewskev

Not necessarily. Jeremy Vine is a carbon-copy of The Wright Stuff, using the same format, down to the graphics, the co-presenter to the regular rotation of guests.

The Derbyshire show can be more or less the same format with Chloe, Joanna or Dave from Accounts.

You're agreeing with my point though. I'm not understanding the disconnect.
SC
Schwing

I didn’t realise that Dave from Accounts was still working. I’d heard that he’d retired.
JA
JAS84
so i am guessing tomorrow is the day, we will find out soon enough if these changes are indeed exciting, or we just overreacted like typical TV Forumers we are.

I would put money on the latter. As I've said, I strongly suspect Mobbs was alluding to changes on Newsround as posted about elsewhere.

He did mention changes happening this week unless Newsround is changing this week.
Newsround IS changing this week. The title sequence is on his website.
RO
rob Founding member
No changes. Smile Smile Smile
London Lite and Custard56 gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
Might be worth reminding yourselves of what the tweet actually said:

Doesn't mention today, or Breakfast or even something appearing on TV Rolling Eyes
JW
JamesWorldNews
This is what I love about TVF. We love to whip ourselves up into a frenzy that brings sleepless nights and so on. We start to imagine the unimaginable and before you know it, we rewrite tv history in a matter of days before forgetting it all and jumping to the next big relaunch which turns out not to be a relaunch...........

TV News Junkies, we are indeed!
MA
Markymark
rob posted:
No changes. Smile Smile Smile

There was a GMB style un scripted session at 06:30 where all three presenters had a ( fully justified IMO) rant about the monumental amounts of litter that have been left strewn about in parks and other ‘picnic’ locations this weekend.
JO
Josh
JAS84 posted:

Newsround IS changing this week. The title sequence is on his website.

His website actually says it comes later this year.

Newer posts