TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green (September 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
Love the new theme, feels fresh without being patronising to that audience.
DeMarkay, Josh and BBI45 gave kudos
JA
JAS84
A shame they've moved away from linking the theme to the BBC News brand
To be fair, might that not be because BBC News will itself be updated soon? They won't want to look out of date.
DM
DeMarkay
Everything about the new look and theme is wonderful.

The new titles are vibrant, and beautifully designed. It incorporates the purple and teal from the old look, whilst remaining fresh and current.

The theme tune is upbeat, and I love the harmonic and angelic vibe!

You get a short burst of the old titles from 0:00 - 0:02 and then an explosion of new-y newness! Laughing

A big plus for me is the CBBC logo being incorporated!
Last edited by DeMarkay on 21 April 2019 4:50pm
PF
PFML84
I was a bit surprised this episode of Ouch has even been broadcast, rather brave, but praise for such content, Well done.

Why? Isn't it good to let youngsters know this kind of information so it normalises it and helps them grow up with more information and albeit a bit more confidence in themselves? Same as being taught it in schools. I don't get why people are so prudish over the human body. Some would freak out over what some other countries show as part of children's TV. One has a show that has two characters who are literally a lump of poo and a pool of urine.
DeMarkay, dbl and BBI45 gave kudos
DV
DVB Cornwall
... and have a look at NRK's Pubertet for an equivalent Children's TV series from 2015

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/newton-pubertet/sesong/1/episode/1/avspiller
:-(
A former member
I was a bit surprised this episode of Ouch has even been broadcast, rather brave, but praise for such content, Well done.

Why? Isn't it good to let youngsters know this kind of information so it normalises it and helps them grow up with more information and albeit a bit more confidence in themselves? Same as being taught it in schools. I don't get why people are so prudish over the human body. Some would freak out over what some other countries show as part of children's TV. One has a show that has two characters who are literally a lump of poo and a pool of urine.

I hope your not clamping me in with those prud! especially since I Praised for such content. I agree there is alot of stupid prud people about.
DM
DeMarkay
For those who can't be bothered to go onto James' website:
Last edited by DeMarkay on 21 April 2019 11:02pm
:-(
A former member
No, more like you just wanted something for you YT channel..
FA
fanoftv
The one thing that I don’t like about this is the logo itself. Not that I dislike the font or the CBBC logo, but together it doesn’t seem right, maybe it’s the differing heights where an upper case version could have improved it.
DM
DeMarkay
The one thing that I don’t like about this is the logo itself. Not that I dislike the font or the CBBC logo, but together it doesn’t seem right, maybe it’s the differing heights where an upper case version could have improved it.

Maybe if the 'n' was capitalised or the whole 'newsround'?
SH
Sh1ruba
Also if you look at James' site, he designed a proposal for a new look Newsnight which aligns it more with the BBC Two brand.
Check it out as it's a very good design proposal and I think it should be chosen for the new look.
JO
Jon
Also if you look at James' site, he designed a proposal for a new look Newsnight which aligns it more with the BBC Two brand.
Check it out as it's a very good design proposal and I think it should be chosen for the new look.

Thanks for that I agree it is rather nice. How you can say it should be chosen for the new look is beyond me though when you don’t know what the other options are.

My guess is it hasn’t been chosen as it wouldn’t have been posted.

Newer posts