The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 2018 Refresh

(June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
There is the rumour of BBC Breakfast getting its own studio, just remaining in Salford then right?

You mean outside people on this forum wanting it to have it's own studio?

No, from people who work at the BBC and who I follow on Twitter.
CU
Custard56
There is the rumour of BBC Breakfast getting its own studio, just remaining in Salford then right?

You mean outside people on this forum wanting it to have it's own studio?

No, from people who work at the BBC and who I follow on Twitter.

I do remember Chris Cook Tweeting last June that a new Breakfast set was "in the pipeline" for "early 2019" but I don't recall any mention of its own designated studio...

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisckmedia/status/1010935628740153344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1010935628740153344&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftvforum.uk%2Fthenewsroom%2Fbbc-breakfast-salford-33182%2Fpage-256
LS
Lou Scannon
Presumably it will still be a Breakfast/NWT shared set, and housed in the same studio as currently.

I wonder where either/both programmes will temporarily decamp to?
MO
Moz
Reith comes in June after EU elections at the end of May.

Cheers for the info Harry. On everything or just Breakfast?
MI
m_in_m
Presumably it will still be a Breakfast/NWT shared set, and housed in the same studio as currently.

I wonder where either/both programmes will temporarily decamp to?

One option might be for the two programmes to use the BBC Sport set for a short period while Sport use their second set. If that was being considered then they might aim for a period when Sport aren't needing the second set so frequently. Is it used regularly for anything? There was a Sunday lunchtime football programme I think.

NWT might also only need a studio for the 1830 programme. The studio used for their Breakfast bulletins might suffice for the other bulletins short term.
WL
W1LL
I think you all might be overthinking this just a little.
:-(
A former member
Can’t wait for everyone’s reaction on Tuesday morning when it turns out to be a slightly different shade of orange being used on something.
AA
Aaron_2015
James Mobbs Tweets = Give us pres fans the impression that absolute revolution / reinventing the wheel will happen, but all that will actually happen is a couple of minor tweaks that ordinary viewers may not even register.

James Mobbs doesn’t give the impression the wheel is about to be reinvented — this forum does. I don’t think it’s unreasonable that Mobbs is excited to see his work on screen, even if the changes are fairly minor.

A simple tweet stating something “exciting” is coming has blown up into a three page discussion. We don’t even know the tweet refers to Breakfast, yet all sorts of conclusions have been reached.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Can’t wait for everyone’s reaction on Tuesday morning when it turns out to be a slightly different shade of orange being used on something.

They're bringing back the Blue Sky backdrop.
RN
Rolling News

Blimey! That was almost as bad as the current backdrop!

At least then they actually listened to viewer feedback and it only lasted a few weeks. Same with the dentist waiting room look in 2002 which also only lasted a short period (which was alright to be honest).
JK
JKDerry

Blimey! That was almost as bad as the current backdrop!

At least then they actually listened to viewer feedback and it only lasted a few weeks. Same with the dentist waiting room look in 2002 which also only lasted a short period (which was alright to be honest).

I don't remember the 2002 look, do you have any pictures of it?
CU
Custard56
According to the CBBC thread on here, James Mobbs has uploaded the refresh of Newsround on his website, so I assume this must be the "exciting stuff" he's alluding to rather than anything to do with Breakfast.

Newer posts