The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 2018 Refresh

(June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
If it's anything less than a new studio and graphics I'll be disappointed.

Sharing with BBC North West Tonight was an issue, does anyone know BBC Breakfast will get their own dedicated studio, and where will that studio be located?

Perhaps Studio B London?
LS
Lou Scannon
James Mobbs Tweets = Give us pres fans the impression that absolute revolution / reinventing the wheel will happen, but all that will actually happen is a couple of minor tweaks that ordinary viewers may not even register.
CU
Custard56
James Mobbs Tweets = Give us pres fans the impression that absolute revolution / reinventing the wheel will happen, but all that will actually happen is a couple of minor tweaks that ordinary viewers may not even register.

True. It's probably one or two minor graphics that have been created for a themed week on Breakfast, e.g. "Healthy Body week" or something like that.

Or a new red sofa that looks exactly the same to replace the current one that's worn out.

And unless I'm missing something, might it not be something to do with any one of the other BBC programmes that James Mobbs works on?
Last edited by Custard56 on 19 April 2019 8:13pm
hyhzz and Lou Scannon gave kudos
MI
m_in_m
If it's anything less than a new studio and graphics I'll be disappointed.

Sharing with BBC North West Tonight was an issue, does anyone know BBC Breakfast will get their own dedicated studio, and where will that studio be located?

I can't see them getting their own studio. It would be sitting idle for most of the time. The current arrangement means it's probably being used quite efficiently although not to the same extent as some of the London studios.
Custard56 and Lou Scannon gave kudos
MO
Moz
It’s probably Reith graphics isn’t it?
MI
m_in_m
Moz posted:

Might be updated title shots. James had the drone up the other week.
RN
Rolling News
Moz posted:

The only shots they need to update are in the screens behind the presenters. They're still showing the disco ball from the previous set of titles plus bits of office furniture which looked bland 7 years ago.
TO
theTOTHlad2002
Moz posted:

The only shots they need to update are in the screens behind the presenters. They're still showing the disco ball from the previous set of titles plus bits of office furniture which looked bland 7 years ago.

I've noticed that as well.
CU
Custard56
Moz posted:

Good shout - pretty sure James Mobbs tweeted about that the other week.
GM
Gary McEwan
Moz posted:

So not much then...
MO
Moz
Moz posted:

These aren’t updated title shots, they’re just additional ones, and no doubt will be used when they go Reith, which will hopefully be on Tuesday?
CU
Custard56
Moz posted:

These aren’t updated title shots, they’re just additional ones, and no doubt will be used when they go Reith, which will hopefully be on Tuesday?

I realise that but given James Mobbs over-hyped what were, effectively, stings to replace the disco ball title sequence last year, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this "exciting stuff" is simply a reference to these additional title shots.

Or something completely unrelated to Breakfast.

Newer posts