TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
I've noticed the last few episodes on ITV3 don't have a "producer" credit, ending on the "Executive Producer: David Liddiment" credit that would normally proceed it. Seems there must have been a gap between producers?
WH
Whataday Founding member
Yes there was a gap of about a month between Mervyn Watson and Carolyn Reynolds.

There's an episode coming up where David Plowright is credited as Producer. This was the day that he was sacked by Granada and the staff rushed edits of all their output to include his name in protest.
JA
james-2001
There's an episode coming up where David Plowright is credited as Producer. This was the day that he was sacked by Granada and the staff rushed edits of all their output to include his name in protest.

I wonder if it will go out on ITV3 that way? If it was a rushed edit there'll presumably be a version without his name on the end.

The Granada Plus showing had David Plowright's name at the end though:

Also noticed they'd gone back to the old 70s rooftop shot by this point rather than the new one introduced in 1991.
JA
james-2001
Strange on today's first ITV3 episode- no Producer credit or copyright date, just fading straight from the director credit into the Granada endcap. Even stranger that those credits were there on the Granada Plus showing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181M03E331U

Possibly they've dug out the Granada Plus edit, but covered up the GSB endcap with the original one, but they faded it up too early? We did get a GSB endcap on one of last week's episodes though (albeit with the website address covered up).

Will be glad when we hit 1994 and can be rid of the G+ edits altogether.
JB
JasonB
We've also gone back to the old 'End of Part' break bumpers on today's ITV 3 episodes rather then live ones.
JA
james-2001
They were like it on yesterday's episodes too- co-incides with Carolyn Reynolds taking over as producer.

16 days later

JA
james-2001
There's what feels like a bit of a continuity error on the current ITV3 episodes. Alec needs to have a new kitchen fitted in the Rovers, and the health inspector and the builder are talking about how old and dodgy the wiring, pipework, plaster and stuff is and needs replacing. Surely all that would have been redone after the 86 fire and it would all have been less than 6 years old at the time? I know it's a bit nitpicky, but still.
JB
JasonB
There's what feels like a bit of a continuity error on the current ITV3 episodes. Alec needs to have a new kitchen fitted in the Rovers, and the health inspector and the builder are talking about how old and dodgy the wiring, pipework, plaster and stuff is and needs replacing. Surely all that would have been redone after the 86 fire and it would all have been less than 6 years old at the time? I know it's a bit nitpicky, but still.

The rovers kitchen looked like it hadn’t been cleaned since the 86 replacement!

No episodes today but you have an afternoon of Carry On films to amuse you instead.
JA
james-2001
No episodes today but you have an afternoon of Carry On films to amuse you instead.

Because we've never seen those before.

13 days later

JA
james-2001
That's been three Granada Plus edits in a row on ITV3 now, they seem to be getting really lazy in digging them out now rather than the uncut ones. I'll be glad when we hit early 1994 and there won't be any more.
HA
harshy Founding member
Strange on today's first ITV3 episode- no Producer credit or copyright date, just fading straight from the director credit into the Granada endcap. Even stranger that those credits were there on the Granada Plus showing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181M03E331U

Possibly they've dug out the Granada Plus edit, but covered up the GSB endcap with the original one, but they faded it up too early? We did get a GSB endcap on one of last week's episodes though (albeit with the website address covered up).

Will be glad when we hit 1994 and can be rid of the G+ edits altogether.

How can they cover up the gsb endcap with the original one?, surely the masters have the original Granada endcap embedded.
JA
james-2001
Very easily. If they're using a copy with the GSB endcap on it, they cover it up with the original. I'm not even sure what you're trying to ask here.

Newer posts