The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 2018 Refresh

(June 2018)

SN
The SNT Three Anglia (East) Look East
Has Naga Munchetty or Charlie Stayt ever presented any other BBC News output other than Breakfast? Maybe in their early days when they were based in London?

Charlie Stayt presented occasional relief shifts on News 24 in his first couple of years at the BBC, which I believe stopped when he became the main weekend presenter in 2008. Naga Munchetty used to present Working Lunch with Declan Curry, as well as occasional relief shifts and overnight shifts on the News Channel and World News, which again stopped when she became the main weekend presenter in 2014.

She was a regular on the early morning World News shift with Sally for quite a while (I'd hazard a guess at 2013-2014). She alternated with Komla Dumor and only gave this up once she moved to Breakfast full-time.
JW
JamesWorldNews STV Central World News
Yes. Naga was at World for quite a few years. Mostly in the 5am slot, as you say.

However, she did also present Impact, GMT and World News Today, as well as generic World News, on occasion.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
NG
noggin Founding member
Has Naga Munchetty or Charlie Stayt ever presented any other BBC News output other than Breakfast? Maybe in their early days when they were based in London?

Naga joined BBC News as presenter of a relaunched 'Working Lunch' programme ISTR, which was rebooted a little while after Adrian Chiles left the show to launch The One Show.
NE
Newsroom
Here she is in 2011
Please excuse any typing errors. I am on my third butterfly keyboard (Mac). An update is due the minute what I want is released. Smile
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
There's some pictures of Charlie Stayt presenting some News 24 shifts (outside of Breakfast) on TV Newsroom.

https://www.tvnewsroom.org/biography-images/charlie-stayt-925/

I wasn't aware he did a brief stint on Sky News?
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
There's some pictures of Charlie Stayt presenting some News 24 shifts (outside of Breakfast) on TV Newsroom.

Presumably around the time they were doing Five News.
JL
JamesLaverty1925 Central (East) East Midlands Today
I vaguely remember Stayt presenting a few Saturday lunchtime bulletins c. 2006-07. Suppose he could have possibly presented a few main weekend bulletins as well.
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
I vaguely remember Stayt presenting a few Saturday lunchtime bulletins c. 2006-07. Suppose he could have possibly presented a few main weekend bulletins as well.

I don’t think he ever did any main evening/late bulletins.

Having presented the show since 2006, does this make Stayt one of the longest serving presenters in breakfast television?
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
WO
Woodpecker Central (West) Midlands Today

Presumably around the time they were doing Five News.

ISTR he left Five News not long after the 2005 relaunch, and then around early 2006 he filled in on Sky News a few times, before joining the Beeb later in the year.
MO
Moz Wales Today
πŸ‘€

#skillsforlife
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
If it's anything less than a new studio and graphics I'll be disappointed.
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
BBI45, Lou Scannon and Jay Lee gave kudos
JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline
If it's anything less than a new studio and graphics I'll be disappointed.

Sharing with BBC North West Tonight was an issue, does anyone know BBC Breakfast will get their own dedicated studio, and where will that studio be located?

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic