The Gallery

ABC Lives

My interpretation of how the channel could look (April 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NL
Ne1L C
First of all many thanks to DavidWhitfield. His help has been invaluable

With his advice I've created a new series of mock pictures of how ABC could look if it was still in existence. The principle is ABC covers Yorkshire and the surrounding area.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91576547@N04/33747934928/in/dateposted-public/

Once again all constructive crticism is welcome.

I've started with a simple programme menu. Using Powerpoint I've taken the old "three triangles" and replaced them with three "3D" pyramids
AG
AxG
I'm going to put this bluntly, but your mocks are awful. They scream "mock", and would never be considered for TV. You have to avoid using PowerPoint's style options (not PowerPoint in general though), it needs to be in 16:9, correctly aligned etc.
lukeshep, dbl and rob gave kudos
NL
Ne1L C
There comes a point where you know when to quit. I've reached that point. Some people are capable of great mocks. I'm not one of those people.

This will be my last mock. I know I've said that before but this time I mean it.

Thanks for the resposnes and special hanks to DavidWhitfield
EL
elmarko
I’m going to be slightly more diplomatic:

* what software do you have available that may be better then PowerPoint?
* is there anything in particular you’re looking to emulate? Study it until you’re bored.
NL
Ne1L C
I have after effects, iMovie and powerpoint.

The second question is more awkward. I'm trying to emulate ABC (UK)
JO
Jon

* is there anything in particular you’re looking to emulate? Study it until you’re bored.

To be fair you can actually create pretty good stuff on PowerPoint if you have some sort of artistic flair. Most graphics you see on TV today could have easily been created in power point.

I don’t think suggesting different more complex software is going to help the member very much and is just going to add an extra layer of complication.
Ne1L C, DeMarkay and BBI45 gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
Oh my f***ing god Surprised.
NL
Ne1L C
Jon posted:

To be fair you can actually create pretty good stuff on PowerPoint if you have some sort of artistic flair. Most graphics you see on TV today could have easily been created in power point.

I don’t think suggesting different more complex software is going to help the member very much and is just going to add an extra layer of complication.

It isn't going to help you're right. Very Happy
UB
UBox
It's hard to say anything that hasn't already been said but really do think "can I see this on TV".
Firstly you want to be mocking in widescreen, so change the slide setup on PowerPoint to be 16:9.
You also need to consider the little things, why are the A B C pyramids not in a vertical line but slightly off? PowerPoint shows up little guide lines to help with this. It may seem something small but the way the pyramids have been placed look like you plonked them there and went 'yeah that'll do' which you obviously wouldn't have with a design that makes it to TV. Other little things like why does WWTBAM go onto two lines but the word millionaire isn't idented. How could it look tidier and easier to read? You have 'tonight' at the top but if you don't notice that it could be easy to think 6.00 is referring to 6am since it appears to be in the 24 hour format. Again, the names of the shows don't all line up because of the extra digit after 10.00.
Would there really be a white background used on TV too? What might work better or how could you make it feel less flat like a powerpoint slide. Sorry if this feels like a post of nags or questions but I hope it helps you in understanding why I would look at what you have created and think it took 2 minutes. Paying some attention to detail really helps.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
There comes a point where you know when to quit. I've reached that point. Some people are capable of great mocks. I'm not one of those people.

This will be my last mock. I know I've said that before but this time I mean it.

Thanks for the resposnes and special hanks to DavidWhitfield

Sorry but I think I have to say something:

You've been told multiple times now in multiple different ways that you will not make good mocks in two seconds flat. You need to make shed loads of crap, really crap and CWilliams level of crap mocks before you get any better. Most of these won't need to be posted but its the only way you learn unfortunately.

Everything I posted in the previous threads you've pretty much ignored. Everything others have posted in threads you've pretty much ignored. You'll probably ignore most of what's in this thread too, because I get the impression you want to run but you don't want to learn how to walk. So all I'm going to say is make a load of crap mocks, learn from them, learn why they're crap and learn from them again.

I'm not sure in all honesty what else you need to be told - if you don't want to listen or take heed then that's up to you. But if you want 5 star reviews for a mock you have to earn it. I'm pretty sure Sting didn't top the charts by just wandering into a studio one day and recording a half-arsed rendition of some Beatles song.
DB
dbl
Please don't take this personally, but what era...? Because ABC looking like that now looks out of place and dated.
TV
TVVT
Another ABC mock...
No offence

Newer posts