TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Thanks. I far prefer that original desk. (And presenter line-up, if truth be told.......)
NG
noggin Founding member
I think that desk on GMB could do with being a few meters longer. I like the desk Anne Diamond and Jeremy Vine use every morning over on the other channel. It’s quite long and very spectacular.

The GMB desk feels as though it’s been crunched up deliberately. Was the original desk longer?

Yes. The original desk was oversized, I think deliberately as part of the US TV influence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFsScV_ojv8

Oh my. That's a properly 'And me' terrible promo...
VM
VMPhil
Can't see much wrong with it myself, apart from Ben's cheesy line about setting the alarm. Seems pretty clear explaining the show and who's hosting it. But I'm a humble viewer and not a marketer.
RE
Reece24
I can't remember this happening before, but this morning Richard interviewed a guest in the Weather area of the studio. (For context, Richard and Kate interviewed two people with cystic fibrosis, and due to their condition, cannot be too close to each-other. Kate interviewed the second person from the screens the other end of the studio.)
BB
BBI45
How on Earth did this slip past without anybody here mentioning?
watchingtv and fanoftv gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
Jesus wept.
BF
BFGArmy
I have no words!!!

Might have sounded a good idea in the team meeting before but clearly not such a great success on-screen.
DB
dbl
Laughing Laughing Laughing
AA
Aaron_2015
That sort of nonsense might be okay when Ben and Kate are presenting, but Richard or Charlotte really ought to have said they weren’t going to do it.

Neither Richard or Adil seem to be that popular with the audience, but do the bosses care as long as they generate headlines?
LL
London Lite Founding member
Who needs Alan Partridge when you have this?
JB
JasonB
BBI45 posted:
How on Earth did this slip past without anybody here mentioning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMiHN9tryIM

Looks like something you would randomly see on The Big Breakfast.
JO
Jonwo
I do think the producers tend to let things slip when Piers and Susanna are away.

Newer posts