The Newsroom

#NotreDame | Breaking News Coverage

Live Coverage (April 2019)

QN
Quatorzine Neko (previously Le Neko)
Here in France, TF1 and France 2 still are in Special Edition mode if I'm not mistaken; and, unusual thing, even M6 is going to air a special broadcast at 9:50 pm London Time / 10:50 pm Paris Time.

Last edited by Quatorzine Neko on 15 April 2019 9:55pm
This is the neeeewwwws!!
NE
Newsroom
Just to go through the BBC News timeline this evening.

First mention was with Clive on the News at Six at 18:20. He wrapped up the bulletin with some live shots from the scene at 18:30.

The news first appeared on the ticker at 18:32 and both World and NC have been in rolling mode ever since.

You're incorrect, as posted on page 1 or 2 of this thread, World were slow to react - not interrupting Focus On Africa until 18.50 BST.
Please excuse any typing errors. I am on my third butterfly keyboard (Mac). An update is due the minute what I want is released. Smile
BK
bkman1990 UTV Newsline
I just saw this pic coming from Twitter tonight. All I can say is wow & not in a good way.

The cathedral's interior is definitely destroyed as far I can see. It look's absolutely horrific.

GE
thegeek Founding member London London
That angle does make me wonder why we've not seen any live helicopter shots so far, or posts from Mouseboy telling us about the helicopters at the disposal of various US broadcasters.
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Not starting conspiracies here but this doesn't look like an accident.

That is literally a conspiracy theory.
BM
BM11

I think that drone shot show the underlaying of the roof on fire. It looks too shallow to be the floor of cathedral burning
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Are World taking the Ten?
DA
DAS Founding member
Bail posted:
It's interesting seeing this feed: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-47941756/live-coverage-of-notre-dame-fire (brandless, but the same content as the News Channel)

Would be fascinating to know what's pumping that out. Info on the graphics is the same as on the NC but not in Breaking News mode.

Very intriguing indeed - just watched the top of hour at 22:00, the red BBC News logo in a box appeared on the end sting for Outside Source, then stayed on for the duration of the headline sequence of the Ten (though not on BBC One), then faded out on the opening shot of Sophie Raworth. Then the “web” BBC News bar at the bottom wiped in.
BF
BFGArmy Channel Channel Islands
TVF's favourite anchor Wolf Blitzer taking over proceedings over on CNN (being simulcast on CNNI). Cue melodrama galore and numerous 'everybody, stand by' remarks. A very shouty end to a report by Brian Todd to begin.
You can just imagine the TOTH being even more over-the-top than usual by Situation Room standards.
NE
Newsroom
Are World taking the Ten?

Nope. World News America with Laura Trevelyan
Please excuse any typing errors. I am on my third butterfly keyboard (Mac). An update is due the minute what I want is released. Smile
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
For the record. This is the final service of Vespers recorded live in the Cathedral this afternoon and just placed online

BK
bkman1990 UTV Newsline
France 24 are reporting as Breaking News that the main structure of the Belfry will be saved from this horrific fire.

Newer posts