The Newsroom

Victoria Derbyshire (the programme) - now with added Reith

Split from BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards (March 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Moz
JRY posted:
Moz posted:
Not noticed this before (usually in work!) a centre-aligned Breaking News strap, wipes up from the bottom like the other graphics...

Just with this in mind, and Victoria Derbyshire's graphics as a whole - do we think they've been designed with a 'new' BBC News graphics template? The mammoth gap between the current ticker and the new VD straps has always bugged me - but if you think that it's there because the new graphics will fill the space, it kind of makes sense... little mock up of what I mean below.

2 minute job there, so excuse that, but I think that might make some sense? Plus I remember seeing somewhere that a flipper was being discussed instead of a ticker.

That does seem to take up an awful lot of the screen, so I’m hoping it’s just that they’re just moving the ticker/flipper up screen a bit.
JO
Jon
It would look even odder like that.
HA
harshy Founding member
Wouldnt the bbc news logo and clock be the other way around and maybe the bottom is max width also may be space for the programme name strap?

Decent attempt for 2 minutes though. Thumbs up
PF
PFML84
Moz posted:
EDIT: Ah, sorry, ignore me! It seems like - looking at a subject caption from the first programme - it does resize, but they must just have hit the maximum box size today and then the text squeezes. Not ideal - perhaps they need to use a smaller default font size.
Makes you wonder why they have chosen that size to be the maximum when there is plenty of space left on screen to extend it. Odd decision.
MO
Moz
Moz posted:
EDIT: Ah, sorry, ignore me! It seems like - looking at a subject caption from the first programme - it does resize, but they must just have hit the maximum box size today and then the text squeezes. Not ideal - perhaps they need to use a smaller default font size.
Makes you wonder why they have chosen that size to be the maximum when there is plenty of space left on screen to extend it. Odd decision.

It's probably because they're (rightly) trying to encourage succinct straps instead of rambling sentences. You'd think they'd just stop them entering over a certain number of characters so it doesn't ever resize.

49 days later

NE
Newsroom
Meanwhile......on today's show..

NA
natwel27
It's great that they could get Trump in...
SC
Schwing
Meanwhile......on today's show..

To finish Newsroom's post "Meanwhile......on today's show... a lovely, lovely film about child-rearing and weaning your baby off social media"

56 days later

MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Victoria Fritz presenting today, first time she's done it
BR
Brekkie
Is she from Derbyshire? Wink
London Lite and Lou Scannon gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
Fritz isn't the first presenter who springs to mind when dealing with misery topics. Chloe Tilley however is still the only cover presenter who understands the format in her delivery.
RN
Rolling News
Chloe Tilley should be used more across BBC News, I think she's brilliant. Am I right in saying she does shift on BBC World News or World Service Radio?

Newer posts