ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
The Saturday Night Takeaway spin-off show In for a Penny starts this weekend:

DRAMA: In for a Penny
On: Meridian (Meridian)
Date: Saturday 13th April 2019 (starting in 2 days)
Time: 19:30 to 20:00 (30 minutes long)

Cardiff. Series 1, episode 1.
Previously featured on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, Stephen Mulhern travels the UK with his feel-good, portable game show where the Great British public are the real stars. In this episode Stephen hits the streets of Cardiff to find someone to play for a thousand pounds.
(New, Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=231800

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

Oh dear - I wonder how long it will take for this idea to fall flat?
LS
Lou Scannon

Previously featured on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, Stephen Mulhern travels the UK with his feel-good, portable game show where the Great British public are the real stars. In this episode Stephen hits the streets of Cardiff to find someone to play for a thousand pounds.
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=231800

If the first episode severely tanks in the ratings, I anticipate that it'll be quickly dropped. (ITV has form for doing this...) Repeats of something perennially popular will then be whacked out in its slot instead, and the remaining IFAP episodes will eventually be shoved out at some "dead" viewing time (e.g. 4pm on Sundays in July, or something).
AN
Andrew Founding member
(ITV has form for doing this...)

Do they?

In my opinion they do this no more than BBC One does, maybe even less so, and definitely no where near as often as Channel 5 does.

So therefore a bit like saying I have form for buying Easter eggs.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Many years ago when Nigel Pickard was at the helm, ITV would have quickly removed something that wasn't rating in favour of something else.

In more recent years though, this is more the exception than the rule.
NB
NicB1971

Sounds like an insert from Noel's House Party or something Keith Chegwin would've done. £1,000 is a poor payout for ITV gameshows. I don't think it'll catch on and really smacks of desperation from ITV.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Sounds like an insert from Noel's House Party

Well, it's an insert from Saturday Night Takeaway so that figures.
:-(
A former member
Listening to an interview with Stephen Mulhern on the radio at the weekend, it's only 6 episodes - so could last the distance.
Lou Scannon, DJ Dave and bilky asko gave kudos
JA
JAS84

Yeah, only reason it's a standalone series at all is because Takeaway isn't on this year.
:-(
A former member
JAS84 posted:

Yeah, only reason it's a standalone series at all is because Takeaway isn't on this year.

Not sure that’s quite true.
Andrew, XQD and bilky asko gave kudos
SW
Steve Williams

If the first episode severely tanks in the ratings, I anticipate that it'll be quickly dropped. (ITV has form for doing this...)

Sounds like an insert from Noel's House Party or something Keith Chegwin would've done. £1,000 is a poor payout for ITV gameshows. I don't think it'll catch on and really smacks of desperation from ITV.

This programme hasn't even been on television yet and already it's absolutely definitely going to tank in the ratings and be immediately dropped. Might it be helpful to base opinions on watching the show rather than a two-line synopsis?
bilky asko and DJ Dave gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Not sure that's entirely fair Steve, it's an SNT feature so I think people can have a legitimate view on it, based on more than the synopsis.
HC
Hatton Cross

Programme category 'Drama' Rolling Eyes

Newer posts