« Topics
richard h1,404 posts since 11 Apr 2003
Watching the press conference she just kept repeating the same thing 5 times regardless of what she was asked. my deal get it ratified and leave as soon as possible. Nobody wants her deal. the only reason more and more are voting for it each time is because she keeps threatening this or watering it down to make it pointless or no Brexit at all. Now we could have another 6 months of people voters who are now calling themselves confirmatory voters crying our for it to go back to the people and worse of all there is time to do so. A referendum of her deal or remain is no choice for brexiteers. In a sky poll on Friday just 16% of people want her deal and yesterday in another poll it got just 12%. even taking into account polls get it wrong they can't be that wrong Razz so its obvious it would be a landslide win for remain if those are the only options to vote for. The will of the people won't have necessarily changed its just there is nothing for leavers to vote for.

Sky news kept going with analysis until 2:15am with Sophy Ridge, Beth Rigby and Deborah Haynes in Brussels

Sky quick to remove the Brexit countdown clock from the website too

I thought it was quite an odd decision to end Question Time last week for a 3 week break when this week was always going to be such a big and important one regardless of the outcome
Inspector Sands13,763 posts since 25 Aug 2004
Watching the press conference she just kept repeating the same thing 5 times regardless of what she was asked. my deal get it ratified and leave as soon as possible.

Yep, that's what she does. Hence the nickname 'Maybot'

Oh great, so another 6 months of all sections of the media banging on about Brexit. I was hoping it would come to a head 12 days ago. Wake me up on Bonfire Night.

You think the 'banging on' will end when/if it actually happens? Either way the consequences and repercussions will last a long long time

I'm sure some people in the media are welcoming an extension, if not because they're pulling in the numbers because of it (James O'Brien on LBC for example), or because it gets people another few months work as pundits.

For others it's a chance to turn round their opinion and damage limitation. There's been a definite shift in public opinion and over the last few days a number of prominent Leave supporters have publicly given up on it, Nick Ferrari being the latest. I wonder if that trend will continue, will some papers start to shift their opinion too? I'm thinking of The Daily Mail, it's editor and propieter are pro-EU, will the dare try and turn the ship round?
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 11 April 2019 6:30am
UKnews835 posts since 26 Apr 2011
Oh great, so another 6 months of all sections of the media banging on about Brexit. I was hoping it would come to a head 12 days ago. Wake me up on Bonfire Night.

Someone whose username is “Rolling News” complains about news broadcasters spending lots of time covering major news story Wink
Steve in Pudsey and Inspector Sands gave kudos
UKnews835 posts since 26 Apr 2011
Always fun when, come 00:00 GMT, your circuit provider’s systems decide that - despite what the bookings may say - it’s the perfect time to kill various circuits. Those happening to include the one you’ve got everything sitting on, and to do it in such a way it’s hard to resurrect. Perfectly timed that was Surprised
thegeek gave kudos
BM11976 posts since 2 Jun 2017
London London
Increasingly certain EU Parliament elections will happen. Only chance they won't is if Labour MP's panic after the local elections and a deal is approved by the commons between then and the EU elections. That does not seem likely.