The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WO
Woodpecker
On another note, I have what I realise is a very random question, especially in April: why does Kay Burley always do Christmas Day Sunrise? ISTR she’s done it almost every year since Sky News began.
RE
Reece24
On another note, I have what I realise is a very random question, especially in April: why does Kay Burley always do Christmas Day Sunrise? ISTR she’s done it almost every year since Sky News began.

I don't know and don't want to speculate too much, but it's probably a mix between not having as much family commitments as others, so being available and if she's willing to do it...
SJ
sjhoward

I don't know and don't want to speculate too much, but it's probably a mix between not having as much family commitments as others, so being available and if she's willing to do it...

Or perhaps she just enjoys doing it, and whoever sorts out Christmas cover is happy to humour her?
DW
DavidWhitfield

:-(
A former member
Because it’s something she clearly enjoys doing. Probably little more to it than that.
WO
Woodpecker
Fair enough, was just curious.
RH
richard h
Do you feel better now?

I do actually. I've been wanting to post about Boulton's bias for weeks but always stopped myself but if you look at the comments on the video sky posted most people that comment about Adam on this video agree that he is now an embarrassment, clearly a remainer, constantly talks over people, bully just a few of peoples comments. I will go further to say sky news as a whole is bias to remain they don't even try to hide it these days

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1115901849465446403

for those that can't be bothered a few comments

"My God, Boulton is a shambles nowadays isn't he?
He just can't help but talk over someone who he doesn't agree with. Terrible host"

"I shouted at the tv this morning " Oh do wind your neck in Adam & let them answer " what is point in asking a question then while they go to answer it's constant BUT BUT BUT"

"He just sits there day after day pumping out anti-Brexit stuff"

"Well said IDS, even though the reporter kept interrupting (clearly biased rather than impartial"

"With his constant interruptions & attempts to besmurch Brexiteers, could it be safely assumed that Adam is a hardcore remainer, who wanted to score political points, rather than listen to his interviwee's answers? By blatant bias,the media is forcing leavers onto other platforms"

"After his attack yesterday Boulton gets no better. Constantly interrupting . He has long since given up any attempt at impartiality when interviewing leavers"

"Bolton needs to be impartial. He is a massive #Remoaner, and does Sky no justice"

"IDS not accepting the usual shout-down from rabid remainer Boulton. Why is Boulton still on Sky? He sits there mumbling and puffing and interrupting every sentence. He's well-past his sell-by date, and Sky already has some great presenters who could do a much better job"

"Adam Boulton... what a horrible man.... not a professional you'd expect a company like Sky would employ. He has no respect for his guests or the Sky brand"

"It’s about time sky and its presenters just came out and said that their following a remain agenda!"

Obviously nobody else on here agrees with me but that's ok these forums would be boring if we all thought the same thing.
Last edited by richard h on 10 April 2019 11:18pm - 5 times in total
SP
Steve in Pudsey
It's a difficult one. Nobody putting themselves up for interview should expect a free pass (unless it's a Brexiteer being interviewed by John Humphreys perhaps Smile) but the state of our political discourse is that people perceive proper devils advocate questioning and pressing people to answer the question which was asked instead of the one they have a prepared line for as bias these days.
RH
richard h
It's a difficult one. Nobody putting themselves up for interview should expect a free pass (unless it's a Brexiteer being interviewed by John Humphreys perhaps Smile) but the state of our political discourse is that people perceive proper devils advocate questioning and pressing people to answer the question which was asked instead of the one they have a prepared line for as bias these days.

I agree they shouldn't get a free pass but generally he needs to just let people speak and then challenge it regardless of who it is. I know politicians avoid questions but to not let someone get more than a few words out before being stopped just becomes an unwatchable interview or wall of noise. I've yet to see anyone accuse Mr Boulton of being biased in favour of leave so we can't all be wrong
Last edited by richard h on 10 April 2019 11:47pm - 2 times in total
RO
rob Founding member
It's Faisal's last day today; Beth takes over tomorrow.
GI
ginnyfan
Good luck to her tenants. #LandlordFromHell

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1117836643531198465
LL
London Lite Founding member
What were Sky thinking editorially to allow Ms Secker to conduct that interview, considering as viewers discovered mid way during the two-way that she is a landlord, which lead to a biased interview.

Was Sky News Today double headed today and if so, why didn't the other presenter do the interview instead?

Newer posts