« Topics
Whataday9,774 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today
Yes, she's not coming across great lately. I mean, she has always been difficult to like but recently she is becoming more obnoxious for the sake of it.

Joy looked as if she was going to flip the table over.
Chyron and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
gomedia12 posts since 24 May 2017
HTV Wales Wales Today
The jab Meghan took at Joy yesterday was definitely a new low. I think even a Joy was taken aback. They’ve clashed plenty of times before but usually on politics or the like. For a junior host to tell a 20 year veteran of the show and the longest serving cohost at the table ‘your job is to listen to me’ felt very personal, like you are doing your job wrong I’m correcting you. She does not need to be told what her job description is. I’m surprised Joy kept her cool and I’m sure some words were exchanged behind closed doors. I doubt if it has been directed at Whoopi the outcome would have been very different. I’m sure the drama is great for ratings but it doesn’t seem like a comfortable place to work and is getting more attention than the subjects they discuss.
Rkolsen2,603 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World
I’m watching Tuesdays View and they have Chelsea Handler at the table. Abby and Meghan are missing from the table a bit surprising since Chelsea is a diehard liberal. I imagine if Meghan was taken off because they would get into a fight. I’m pretty sure Abby would be pretty laid back.

That being said I’ve watched Chelsea from the beginning on E! (I had back injuries when she launched, was up at nights, found it entertaining and saw her perform twice along with some of her round table members) and she could easily hold her own against Republicans. So I don’t think she would be object to the two republicans there.

Edit : Since a lot of you seem to talk about The View and bring it up in the Loose Women thread do you think the show would do well over in the UK? They don’t really have sponsored content, rather promotional consideration (such as giveaways).
Last edited by Rkolsen on 10 April 2019 5:37am
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
noggin14,216 posts since 26 Jun 2001

Edit : Since a lot of you seem to talk about The View and bring it up in the Loose Women thread do you think the show would do well over in the UK? They don’t really have sponsored content, rather promotional consideration (such as giveaways).

I'm sure it was on-air here in the early 00s when I had a Tivo connected to my Sky box, as I used to watch it reasonably regularly. I guess the fact it's not carried by any major channel here now tells the story it didn't do so well? It is a very acquired taste if you aren't an American.
VMPhil9,428 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
Daily US talk shows never get big enough audiences here for it to be worthwhile. They’ve been tried numerous times dating back to LWT’s attempt to show Johnny Carson in the ‘80s. Even James Corden is relegated to on demand.

Comedy Central UK have The Daily Show but it was on at 1am the last time I checked.
Woodpecker418 posts since 19 Jan 2018
Central (West) Midlands Today

I'm sure it was on-air here in the early 00s when I had a Tivo connected to my Sky box, as I used to watch it reasonably regularly. I guess the fact it's not carried by any major channel here now tells the story it didn't do so well? It is a very acquired taste if you aren't an American.

Was it not on Diva TV at one point (this would have been around the late noughties)? I remember they started out with quite a varied lineup, but then for its last year or so on air it was virtually wall-to-wall Oprah.