The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 2018 Refresh

(June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Spencer
I think the main issue with the set is those white pillars between the screens which then mean that the screens used for DTL contributors are really awkwardly placed.

Surely it would look better just to have a split screen for DTL interviews rather than have a presenter twisting themselves around awkwardly to talk to someone on a screen behind them. I've always thought this has looked terrible.
PE
Pete Founding member
I remember a user creating a mock for a redesign of the current studio that made more sense.

Edit: I’ve found the mock thread https://tvforum.uk/thegallery/new-set-salford-41403/ but unfortunately the links have expired.

Links don't expire on metro's upload service, the user has deleted them, which is why you're getting an Error 410
FA
fanoftv
Pete posted:
Links don't expire on metro's upload service, the user has deleted them, which is why you're getting an Error 410

Ah I see.
A shame as it seemed like an interesting avenue to explore. The thumbnail is still present. It involved the sofa being turned by 90 degrees anti-clockwise.
JK
JK08
Someone else who did a brilliant Salford update mock was Critique, all the way back in 2013, and I hope he doesn't mind me resurfacing it.

It brought the studio it in line with NBH Studio B and appears so much more versatile.

https://tvforum.uk/forums/post898442#post-898442
DF
DrewF
I've also spent bits of spare time over the years trying to design a potential set in SketchUp (getting the studio size to be realistic is the tricky part) but I've never been able to get to something I would want to share in The Gallery. Nonetheless here's a couple of recent concepts I came up with:

RD
RDJ
Nina Warhurst is a new name to me. She's presenting this morning with Ben.
RB
RB
Nina used to present Channel M Breakfast. Moved to BBC NW and became political correspondent.
IS
Inspector Sands
Lightning fast reactions of Matt Taylor the other day:

I saw a reporter do this once but the light was hot and he burnt his hand. Thankfully this was before he went to air due to the expletive he mouthed just after
MA
Markymark

I saw a reporter do this once but the light was hot and he burnt his hand. Thankfully this was before he went to air due to the expletive he mouthed just after

Fortunately these days they will be LED lamps, so at worst just very luke warm
MA
Markymark
RB posted:
Nina used to present Channel M Breakfast. Moved to BBC NW and became political correspondent.

I've seen her on-site reporting for BBC Sport at the Brazil World Cup, or was it the Olympics (time flies !) and also as one of the many studio based Salford sports reporters
SP
Spencer

Fortunately these days they will be LED lamps, so at worst just very luke warm

It probably helps he was wearing gloves too.
bilky asko and Markymark gave kudos
MI
m_in_m
RB posted:

I've seen her on-site reporting for BBC Sport at the Brazil World Cup, or was it the Olympics (time flies !) and also as one of the many studio based Salford sports reporters

Nina is also one of the team who presents Business news on breakfast.

Newer posts