The Newsroom

Sky News | General Discussion

(January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
Faisal Islam just confronted a protestor who called Theresa May a traitor and treason. Personally I don't think Faisal came out of it looking good but that's my opinion which i'm sure others will disagree with which is fair enough.

Yes he made a complete berk of himself. With his imminent move to the BBC, he needs to calm down a bit!

Well intentioned, but no he didn't come out of it well. Mind you I don't think anyone would have achieved anything useful or constructive with the protestor concerned. Others would have realised that and not gone there
:-(
A former member
What's happened with Sky its gone to an early break.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Sunrise paper reviews continue at the weekend. However, it seems they're still using actual proper analysts instead of D-listers.
WO
Woodpecker
Sunrise paper reviews continue at the weekend. However, it seems they're still using actual proper analysts instead of D-listers.

Analysts? You mean actual proper experts who know what they're talking about? Perish the thought! Whenever I hear of major news events, my first thought is always "What do Kevin Adams or Liz Kershaw think of this?" Wink
DE
derek500

Yesterday they had Bidisha and Titania McGrath's alter ego, both Sunrise regulars.
LL
Today was Michael Booker from the Daily Express and er....Anne Diamond.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Today was Michael Booker from the Daily Express and er....Anne Diamond.

Anne Diamond is brilliant. And so is Liz. I don’t care what anybody says.
AS
AlexS
The 'watch live' stream on the website seems to be showing yesterday afternoons bulletins (or at least some weekend day) (currently about 18 minutes into a 5pm bulletin by the looks of things).
RE
Reece24
AlexS posted:
The 'watch live' stream on the website seems to be showing yesterday afternoons bulletins (or at least some weekend day) (currently about 18 minutes into a 5pm bulletin by the looks of things).

Glad it wasn't just me. The stream on the mobile app is working fine though.
RE
Reece24
Kay, whilst interviewing a guest about the new pictures of a black hole, effectively asked the director to stay on the wide shot of the big screen, instead of cutting to a close up of the guest because the "background behind is boring". That sums up the Sky News presentation over the past year.

I don't want to go over old ground too much, but has there been an established reason for the restricted use of the glassbox?
:-(
A former member
I think sky was right to move Ian King live because Brexit seems to be overtaking most of the evening.
LL
Actual decent guests in the post x45 past segment today on Sunrise, instead of SJM and Gamal talking about social trends. Katy Balls and Sonia Sodha.

Newer posts