Farewell... (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
Channel 5 coverage back online.

15 days later

RO
rob Founding member
Eurosport, BT Sport, Comedy Central, Disney Channel, Food Network and Forces TV sections are back online.

17 days later

RO
rob Founding member
Happy New Year!

Coverage of the new ITV presentation now online.
paul_hadley, Joe and TVFan2017 gave kudos

92 days later

RO
rob Founding member
VM
VMPhil
This is surprising given the Ident Central relaunch was less than a year ago. I can understand not wanting to keep running such a site, given you've run it in your spare time for so long. But deleting the site without any warning is a bit sad seeing as it was such an extensive archive of TV presentation from the last decade.
RO
rob Founding member
This is surprising given the Ident Central relaunch was less than a year ago. I can understand not wanting to keep running such a site, given you've run it in your spare time for so long. But deleting the site without any warning is a bit sad seeing as it was such an extensive archive of TV presentation from the last decade.

I can assure you that the archive will be in safe hands, with Transdiffusion looking after it, so you'll see it back online in good time I'm sure.

I'm sorry that the site went offline very quickly, the decision was made to close it a couple of weeks ago after doing a bit of soul-searching, and funnily enough, it tied in with the expiry of the domain.

I'm not disappearing completely though, I'm focusing my efforts on something that's much easier for me to deal with.
jonO, paul_hadley and BBI45 gave kudos
TE
tesandco Founding member
Whilst this has come about rather suddenly (especially given Rob only migrated everything to new hosting a few weeks back), I can understand it being abrupt if the domain has just expired. If you were already considering the future, shelling out money just to renew a domain for another year or so probably doesn't make much sense.

I can totally appreciate this decision too. The amount of work that goes into running a pres site far outweighs the thanks you get from many folks, with others making constant demands under the impression you actually owe them something. Ultimately the whole thing just ends up being a huge drain on your life and takes a lot to keep going against. I definitely wish Rob all the best on his continuing projects though. Hopefully they'll allow you to relax a bit more, and can continue to go from strength to strength.
:-(
A former member
As others have said, it has come out of the blue, which is unfortunate. During my time at the site I helped push it in the better direction , While along with rob included a number of other actives: Correct date list, missing list, making WIKI in TV section far better, Rob did try which seems to have gone unnoticed. Thankful the pres is stay in the hands of Transdiffusion.

I left last summer ish due to new adventures, I wish rob well on his new adventures.
NE
Newsroom24
rob posted:

It's always a shame when websites like these close but sometimes other things just need to take priority.

It's nice that you're still going ahead with TV Booth and that you've still got your YouTube channel up. Having said that, it looks like it's been rebranded (again), now to 'Presblog' - both former names TV Live and Ident Central were fine as names and I'm not really sure why you've chosen to rebrand to a look which, in my opinion, is a step back from the brands that you've had previously.

The rebranding is up to you of course, but I'd be interested to know your thinking.
JA
JAS84
Wayback Machine grabbed an archive just a couple of days ago.

http://web.archive.org/web/20190331163215/http://identcentral.co.uk/
:-(
A former member
JAS84 posted:
Wayback Machine grabbed an archive just a couple of days ago.

http://web.archive.org/web/20190331163215/http://identcentral.co.uk/

most pages were not grabbed,
QN
Quatorzine Neko

Newer posts