TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
FanOfTV99
Any reason why ITV is showing The Chase Celebrity Special on a Monday where it's a school week
HC
Hatton Cross
Yes. It's presumably to try and keep the viewers after the end of the Cheltenham Festival coverage from Tomorrow until Friday. Flinging out 4 celeb specials may keep more viewers stuck to ITV than running the usual civilian editions.
Ros_Atkins32 and Lou Scannon gave kudos
LS
Lou Scannon
what posted:
Does this mean he’s famous now?
(Manhunt)

Ah, if only the Neil Jones here on TVF were the lovely ginger-haired professional dancer from Strictly Come Dancing. Sigh. Wink
BR
Brekkie
Yes. It's presumably to try and keep the viewers after the end of the Cheltenham Festival coverage from Tomorrow until Friday. Flinging out 4 celeb specials may keep more viewers stuck to ITV than running the usual civilian editions.

The Chase regularly rates far better than the racing would, and suspect new regular eps would appeal more than celeb repeats anyway, so it is a bit random.
RA
Ros_Atkins32

That can probably explain why there are celeb specials of The Chase that were recorded a while back ago being repeated even though they are out of the times of the Cheltenham Festival (which runs from 3-4pm in which the 2 shows Tenable & parts of Tipping Point would be aired) Other than that, thank you for the clarification & information you have just given. I give it a big appreciation.

I was wondering for a while why they showed repeats, now I knew it's because of a major event going.
AS
Asa Admin
I may be wrong but another variation on the endboard seems to be quite new for dual programmes...

Nice little animation as it 'nudges' the second card a bit (15secs in).
BBI45 and watchingtv gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
I’ve seen it featured quite regularly recently for both itv events as above or for promoting dual channel content.

There’s also the short promo design where a 15-20 second clip has the slides falling over the top of the footage with the programme information.
BR
Brekkie
Certainly been used for the Six Nations. Still not a huge fan of this look to be honest - I know black text on a white background was hardly the most exciting look but it was way better than grey dominating the screen. The short promo design, which isn't too disimilar to C4's short promo design, worked far better IMO. Indeed wonder if that was the kind of layout meant when the rumours (which perhaps TV Forum created) of programme branding featuring in promotional material - have the logo in the top two thirds then the time/day/logo at the bottom.
WH
Whataday Founding member
All of the ITV endboards are very Powerpoint 97 I think.

18 days later

RA
Ros_Atkins32
Just lives to see another week it would seem, The Chase have yet again started playing out celeb specials this week just today on a Monday due to the upcoming Grand National Festival which happens on a Thursday. Looks like they’ve started adjusting the schedules early? Not to mention Tipping Point is on repeats as well.
KE
kernow
There was another break from the norm with the end credits of Secrets of the Royal Babies shown yesterday.

Although the end credits were in the generic style, there were clips shown in between each slide, with the audio from the clips starting while the end credits were on screen.

There was therefore no voiceover or ECP during these end credits, and a programme like this would have worked better with something similar to the programmes shown at the end of last year, where they had non-generic credits at the bottom of the screen.

9 days later

KE
kernow
The Saturday Night Takeaway spin-off show In for a Penny starts this weekend:

DRAMA: In for a Penny
On: Meridian (Meridian)
Date: Saturday 13th April 2019 (starting in 2 days)
Time: 19:30 to 20:00 (30 minutes long)

Cardiff. Series 1, episode 1.
Previously featured on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, Stephen Mulhern travels the UK with his feel-good, portable game show where the Great British public are the real stars. In this episode Stephen hits the streets of Cardiff to find someone to play for a thousand pounds.
(New, Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=231800

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

Newer posts