SP
Spectrum270
So still no news on the new TVARK?
:-(
A former member
April fools day coming up.
JA
JAS84
You know, I don't think Simon Luxton would've been happy to see the site offline for this long.
LL
Larry the Loafer
If Simon was still here, he'd be getting just as frustrated with all the "when's the site coming back" messages as the rest of them are.
VM
VMPhil
If Simon was still here, he'd be getting just as frustrated with all the "when's the site coming back" messages as the rest of them are.

Would probably have helped them to not randomly change the URL so anyone visting tv-ark.org.uk is now greeted with a server not found message. I imagine some people would see that and think it's now completely dead.
SP
Spectrum270

Would probably have helped them to not randomly change the URL so anyone visting tv-ark.org.uk is now greeted with a server not found message. I imagine some people would see that and think it's now completely dead.

Um, there isn't a "Server not found" message, it's just the "Apologies for the delay" message they've had up for a while with FB and Twitter links. They don't seem to have changed the address.
VM
VMPhil

Um, there isn't a "Server not found" message, it's just the "Apologies for the delay" message they've had up for a while with FB and Twitter links. They don't seem to have changed the address.

Ah, I see the problem: visiting tv-ark.org.uk doesn't work, visting www. tv-ark.org.uk does. So anyone visting it without the www like I did will think the site is down.

And they have changed the address, to tvark.org, but it appears the old address is still up for now.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
From a technical point of view www .awebsite.com and awebsite.com are two entirely different entities. Websites can be configured so that if somebody types in awebsite.com it redirects them to www .awebsite.com (or vice-versa), but if the thing's set up properly it should make no difference to get at the content.

That being said it's also possible to put a redirect on the old URLs so they all go to one place regardless of what domain TV Ark decides on so all the various URLs they've sort of "acquired" over the years and used in direct links should be captured, including those weird looking www2 URLs that I still see on occasion (if they remembered that they used them).
MM
MMcG198
The placeholder page has been updated to say that they hope to have the site online by the summer.
BK
bkman1990
That's great news. Creating & uploading over 12k clips onto the new website is a solid amount of work. I wish them well & I hope the site will turn out to be great once it has it's relaunch in the summer. It is pity about the people who have full time jobs & families to look after. You can only do so much.
Jeffmister and Sh1ruba gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer
Looks like the new content will come in a steady stream for a while too.

Quote:
All pages will be up. However they will not all be complete as we working away adding new stuff until 2021, Ie new stuff every single week at this rate. But many pages will be bursting at the seams!!!

Newer posts