TV Home Forum

BBC Scotland - the launch

Split from BBC Scotland channel - service to also launch in HD (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
It should get some decent figures for this. Could we get a million?
BR
Brekkie
How is the channel rating a few weeks in?
JA
james-2001
How many people choose to watch the simulcast in the afternoon rather than BBC2?
GO
gottago
Someone told me the ratings for one of their gameshows (maybe Wonderball) was 14,000.
BB
BruceBBC
The Nine will be on at 5past 9 due to football running over.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I'm not really sure what programmes like Wonderball are intended to achieve, unless it's a Calendar Countdown style shop window in the hope that network picks it up.

There is nothing distinctively Scottish about it.
DV
dvboy
Almost all of the programmes have Network appeal, I live in England but I've been enjoying Breaking The News and the programme on Glasgow Central Station.
KE
kernow
Something which could easily be a network programme is Rewind 1990s, which does feature some Scottish content, but it also features a lot of content from other parts of the UK and abroad.

I'd say it features more non-Scottish content than Scottish content.
A former member
Most of rewind ..... is recycle from BBC Alba. There is scottish stuff like comedies and of course some drama could also be networked. Its like tvam you have to try everything.

Glasgow been trying to get the network to pick up river city for years.
BR
Brekkie
You'd think it's worth a daytime run at least, similar to the Irish one they take.
BB
BruceBBC
What are your thoughts about the channel? We are more than 1 month in now... do you like the programming? Do you like the idents, the on screen menus and announcers?
A former member
I have watched some of the channel, I do like the idents but only five has turned up, where is the 6th? also one seem to only appear in daytime in SD.

Programme, its a real mix bag, I can understand why the TVAM approach has been done, however some of the shows are crap, some a pretty good and some just need more time. I just think BBC scotland approach to news is still bland and boring, That Entermanint 15min show needs another repeat.

Debate night has promise and so does people news.

Newer posts