TV Home Forum

Challenge - June 2016 onwards

#ChallengeAccepted (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
Don't talk nonsense.

I’m not talking nonsense challenge used to be so much better then what’s on at present.

More variety of shows since long gone since it changed ownership too many times.

Doesn't mean "close it down" is a reasonable argument.

It needs to do something different I can’t believe they even showed Davinas show 1 million drop, which was a live show on channel4, that show wasn’t even designed to be repeated.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Have Challenge shown any of the revival episodes of Crystal Maze?

Speaking of which is it still in production?

No revival episodes shown no. Good question though - no new series of The Crystal Maze has been announced by Channel 4 for 2019 yet? When is Ayoade returning?
Last edited by Juicy Joe on 31 March 2019 4:56pm
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Have Challenge shown any of the revival episodes of Crystal Maze?

Speaking of which is it still in production?

No revival episodes shown no. Good question though - no new series of The Crystal Maze has been announced by Channel 4 for 2019 yet? When is Ayoade returning?

Be very surprised if they've dropped it considering there's a new Crystal Maze live experience not long opened in the West End. But the official Twitter page hasn't posted anything new since December 27 so...
JO
Johnr
Rumour courtesy of Bothers Bar

Quote:
The upcoming season of The Crystal Maze will be containing a Xmas special which will be recorded on 12th Apr. This upcoming season will apparently be its last but will be spread out throughout 2019 & first half of 2020. Still no news when Season 1 final 3 eps will get its UK premier.

So one more series to come at some point this year, but will be spread out quite a bit. Just a rumour though rather than anything concrete at the moment.
GO
gottago
They’re still filming the third series now. All episodes will feature celebs as contestants.
JJ
No punters off the street?
JJ
Incidentally, Edward Tudor is one of the interviewees on Britain's Favourite Gameshows on C5 tonight. Very Happy
JO
Jon

It's not surprisingly considering the ratings haven't been great.
JA
james-2001
Incidentally, Edward Tudor is one of the interviewees on Britain's Favourite Gameshows on C5 tonight. Very Happy

That's interesting seeing as he in the past hasn't particularly liked talking about it.
Gary Baldy and Brekkie gave kudos
NJ
Jon posted:

Shame really, its a surprise its the celebrity editions that keep this going.
Still I suppose the presence of the Live Experience sort of takes the shine off the TV show, though looking at the booking schedule for the three venues it used to be sold out for months in advance and now it, um, isn't.
IN
Interceptor
Jon posted:

Shame really, its a surprise its the celebrity editions that keep this going.
Still I suppose the presence of the Live Experience sort of takes the shine off the TV show, though looking at the booking schedule for the three venues it used to be sold out for months in advance and now it, um, isn't.

I'm not sure the Manchester one was ever sold out that far in advance.

I should really go before the pot inevitably runs dry.

8 days later

NJ
Caught the back end of a Deal or No Deal episode just and while I knew they'd chopped out the viewer end-game results with the blue boxes, Challenge seem to have started doing chopping out "see you tomorrow" references on it for some reason covering it with an audience cutaway.

Newer posts