TV Home Forum

Catchpoint

(March 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SB
steve brown
Who enjoys this new Saturday evening gameshow?
JO
Jon
The Banker from Deal or No Deal.
BR
Brekkie
It's better than most recent efforts from the BBC. Simple playalong format with a decent host.

Talking of Paddy is Take Me Out returning?
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Who enjoys this new Saturday evening gameshow?

Not me. This is puerile entertainment. You can answer a question and get it wrong but still answer it right if you can run to the correct area to catch the ball. It's an unnecessary gimmick and is worse than Shafted with Robert Kilroy-Silk.
BR
Brekkie
Nothing wrong with puerile entertainment when it's done well, and that's the whole point of the show. Take the gimmick out of the equation and it's a bog standard and rather dull quiz show.

The concept is similar to 5 Gold Rings in some senses (well, that's what Bothers Bar think anyway), but IMO this is much more interesting to watch. Also great the BBC have kept it to 30 minutes - very rare now for a new primetime format, especially on Saturdays, not to be stretched out to fill a longer slot.
JO
Jon
Well it's more a case of the more wrong you are the less chance you have of winning. From what I've seen of it these aren't general knowledge questions but things you can only really make an educated guess at. It's not an unnecessary gimmick that gimmick is the show and it's a rather fun one.
Blake Connolly, davidhorman and Brekkie gave kudos

14 days later

SB
steve brown
They ought to make the music question a bit harder,instead of a well known tune,give them Vesti La Guibba (On With The Motley),or maybe an old,obscure Eurovision entry and maybe Barbara Ann
Last edited by steve brown on 13 April 2019 9:51am
JA
JAS84
They had a question in this week's episode about Doctor Who. "Who was the Doctor when Jodie Whittaker was born?" So wouldn't it have made sense to have the first ten Doctors as the options? It was pretty obviously not going to be any of the modern Doctors (the correct answer is Peter Davison). And they boobed too, by having Peter Cushing as an option instead of Patrick Troughton. Cushing's movies were made while Hartnell was still the Doctor on TV.
JO
Jon
JAS84 posted:
They had a question in this week's episode about Doctor Who. "Who was the Doctor when Jodie Whittaker was born?" So wouldn't it have made sense to have the first ten Doctors as the options? It was pretty obviously not going to be any of the modern Doctors (the correct answer is Peter Davison). And they boobed too, by having Peter Cushing as an option instead of Patrick Troughton. Cushing's movies were made while Hartnell was still the Doctor on TV.

Well I think you’ve missed the point that the question probably wasn’t meant to be that difficult as it was first one of the show. As for the Cushing thing it proved inconsequential so nothing to get worried about.

Newer posts