(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
From Spian, TVE's Telediario as seen on TVE Internacional, 1990:

And a promo:

WW
WW Update
From 2016, a look at how the new CBS Evening News theme was composed and a look back at previous themes:

WO
Woodpecker
Also from 2016, a full edition of Jeugdjournaal, NOS's news programme for kids, with 360 degree views of the studio and control room:

The studio, which is also used for the main NOS Journaal and Nieuwsuur, has since been revamped completely - this is what it looks like now:

QN
Quatorzine Neko
Staying in a Dutch-speaking area, here's a newsflash (Extra Journaal) on VRT Één, in the middle of a broadcast of the Tour De France.

The story that 3 July 2013 at 4pm was the abdication of King Albert II of Belgium.

Woodpecker and WW Update gave kudos
WW
WW Update
A 21-minute segment of Spain's CNN+ from 2001; the channel shut down in 2010:

LTSC1980, Quatorzine Neko and Ste gave kudos
WW
WW Update
We've seen this before, but here are the final moments of CNN+ from 2010, including coverage of protests against the closure and a look back at the channel's history:

WW
WW Update
And speaking of CNN-branded channels, here's an English-language promotional video introducing Turkey's CNN Türk and its lineup, 2014:

LT
LTSC1980
MBC have new open for NewsDesk in 2019:

WO
Woodpecker
In Austria, the ORF have built a new studio for the news programmes on ORF eins. The studio was designed by American-Austrian architect Stuart Veech, whose company also designed the current Al Jazeera studios, as well as many previous ORF studios. This new ORF eins studio has lots of square edges, with Veech's motto being 'no curves'. There are reportedly seven video walls - four large, three small, all capable of displaying 4K images. The new studio is reportedly 250 square metres in size, with the largest video wall measuring 15 square metres.

The new studio is part of a wider revamp of the news output on ORF eins, which includes a new early-evening news strand, and is set to launch on Monday 8 April. Here are a couple of articles about the revamp, one from a national newspaper, and the other from ORF's own website. Both are of course in German, so Google Translate might come in handy.
AG
AxG
*drools*
That's gorgeous.
WO
Woodpecker
AxG posted:
*drools*
That's gorgeous.

Isn't it just? I'd love to see something like that on UK screens. Incidentally, there is a curious bit of info in one of the articles I posted above: as part of the new early evening news strand I mentioned, there will be a magazine programme, which will be presented without an autocue. Now, I'm not sure whether the presenters will be expected to improvise, or whether they'll be looking down at their scripts every few seconds - probably a bit of both, I'd imagine - but from a presentation point of view, I reckon it'll certainly make for interesting watching.
WW
WW Update
In Austria, the ORF have built a new studio for the news programmes on ORF eins. The studio was designed by American-Austrian architect Stuart Veech, whose company also designed the current Al Jazeera studios, as well as many previous ORF studios. This new ORF eins studio has lots of square edges, with Veech's motto being 'no curves'. There are reportedly seven video walls - four large, three small, all capable of displaying 4K images. The new studio is reportedly 250 square metres in size, with the largest video wall measuring 15 square metres.

The new studio is part of a wider revamp of the news output on ORF eins, which includes a new early-evening news strand, and is set to launch on Monday 8 April. Here are a couple of articles about the revamp, one from a national newspaper, and the other from ORF's own website. Both are of course in German, so Google Translate might come in handy.

This looks fantastic. Do we know if there are any changes coming to ZiB on ORF2?

Newer posts