The Newsroom

Sky News | General Discussion

(January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
It makes sense - given that the weekday morning reviews are coming to an end after next week - to let Sunrise viewers sample the evening guests. If they like paper reviews that much, steering them towards the (frankly-much-more-substantive) evening show is a reasonable strategy. That and... a week before possible no-deal, crash-out Brexit... who, at this point, is asking: "I wonder what Kriss Akabusi thinks of this?"
JA
Jamesypoo
You could have just posted that yourself, Max.
Aaron_2015, Critique and TTRWE gave kudos
RO
rob Founding member
You could have just posted that yourself, Max.

I was merely picking up on what he tweeted and expanded it…
Last edited by rob on 19 March 2019 7:00pm
WO
Woodpecker
Not that this is particularly important in the grand scheme of things, but if you Google 'Sky News', currently the first image you'll see (and thus the image that appears as the logo for Sky News in suggested searches) is a (much nicer than current, IMO) red and blue version of the logo that someone on here made in 2017:

VM
VMPhil
Not that this is particularly important in the grand scheme of things, but if you Google 'Sky News', currently the first image you'll see (and thus the image that appears as the logo for Sky News in suggested searches) is a (much nicer than current, IMO) red and blue version of the logo that someone on here made in 2017:

It’s nice but I imagine would be considered too similar to Sky Sports.
WO
Woodpecker

It’s nice but I imagine would be considered too similar to Sky Sports.

I thought that myself, actually. Though it also reminded me a little of the 2001 logo:

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/snrevamp03.jpg
CA
cat
Oddly, it cropped up on the Sky.com website a year ago - they were using it as the logo to advertise Sky News as part of one of their TV bundles

Nicer than what they ended up with.

Maybe when Brexit is over in 2027 they’ll finally refresh the existing graphics package.
WH
what
cat posted:
Oddly, it cropped up on the Sky.com website a year ago - they were using it as the logo to advertise Sky News as part of one of their TV bundles

Nicer than what they ended up with.

Maybe when Brexit is over in 2027 they’ll finally refresh the existing graphics package.

Bear in mind, it is newer than the BBC and ITV’s packages by 2 years.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
There was the time when Google picked up a BBC Parliament logo and paraded it around proudly like it was the official logo. It wasn't, it was IIRC from this post:
https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post1027542#post-1027542

Google quite often picks up mocks from this site and then decides to use them in search results, usually followed by getting totally confused when a human gets involved as to what it should be showing for a while.
JK
JK08
Adam Boulton just welcomed viewers of the 11am TOTH to 'Sky News Today'. First time it's been referred to as that on air in recent years?

Sky EPG lists it simply as Sky News, however I thought it had been rebranded as 'Lunchtime Live' when Ian King Live moved to 1:30?

If they don't want it to be a simple Sky News block they really need to settle on a title and actually call it that on air.

EDIT: Seems to be a new graphic in use for the block as well.
Last edited by JK08 on 25 March 2019 11:18am
SL
Shaun Linden
I note both Jane and Carrie on BBC News are in black. Are we expecting something or just a nice day to wear black?
RO
rob Founding member
Are we expecting something

No.
Ittr, London Lite and Schwing gave kudos

Newer posts