Media Websites

TV Whirl - Celebrating 20 Purple Years

Site updated daily (May 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TE
tesandco Founding member
Oddly enough all I keep seeing in the TV6 logo is the current Ident Central one. Despite the fact that apart from being circular and using a similar colour palette, there aren't really *any* other similarities!

Rob's so going to hurt me now... or possibly replace his logo again tomorrow! Wink

(This post would have worked so much better if the forum software hadn't decided now was a good time for a page break too!)
RO
rob Founding member
Rob's so going to hurt me now... or possibly replace his logo again tomorrow! Wink

Nah, I'll let you off. Smile Smile
TE
tesandco Founding member
Celebrating 18 years online

March 22nd 2019 marks the 18th year the site has been online (and save for an occasional week or so where hosting has caused issues, that's actually properly online). It's been a long road getting to an age where the site is finally old enough to drink and vote in elections, as well as probably now having been around several years before some forum members on here were even born.

The site continues to expand more than ever, so as we move into our next year online, a few stats on what has changed since the 17th birthday:-

* Not a single missed day of updates in 348 days now. We're just shy of a full year with a site update every day
* Around 1160 new clips added, or about a third of the site total
* 7655 high resolution images, taking the total to over 16000
* 2303 frames from various Teletext services across the years
* Coverage from 4 new ITV regions and 8 new channels elsewhere
* 8 new DVB-S2 tuners pointed at UK satellite on Astra 28.2 and 3 DVB-S/DVB-S2 tuners permanently pointed at Europe on 19.2

A lot more is planned for 2019 to bring new features to the site and improve the speed of updates, and once again I'd like to thank the regular site visitors for their continued support throughout - it's ultimately what makes all the hard work really worth it!
:-(
A former member
And long may it continule.
NB
nbafan89

hear hear, my dad would have been 81 today
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

hear hear, my dad would have been 81 today

And what does this have to do with anything?
I'm sorry your dad isn't around to have reached his 81st but I'm not entirely sure why you decided to share that?
VM
VMPhil
Happy birthday TV Whirl. The more pres sites, the merrier.
A former member
Compertititon drives up standards Cool
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Compertititon drives up standards Cool

Thatcherist! Wink
A former member
Congratulations on the milestone!

Sometimes I know it can feel more like a millstone... Confused

I'll always be six years behind you Wink
BB
BBI45
Tesandco, I'd suggest updating your post signature. Smile
RO
rob Founding member
BBI45 posted:
Tesandco, I'd suggest updating your post signature. Smile

Will there be a newsflash if he does?

Keep up the good work mate, here's to the next 18 years!

Newer posts