TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
Local radio gets its traffic info from Inrix, who use all sorts of different sources.
MA
Markymark
dvboy posted:
Local radio gets its traffic info from Inrix, who use all sorts of different sources.

Google Traffic is making both radio and TV road travel news obsolete, and even the Tom Tom driven GPS in my car( that’s updated via a data channel on Classic FM’s Tx network) seems to have its travel news driven from Google’s engine?
LL
London Lite Founding member
dvboy posted:

Google Traffic is making both radio and TV road travel news obsolete, and even the Tom Tom driven GPS in my car( that’s updated via a data channel on Classic FM’s Tx network) seems to have its travel news driven from Google’s engine?

As I don't drive, I occasionally use private hire cars in London. Addison Lee use Google Maps, while Uber use something based on it, which includes re-routing vehicles away from jams.
BM
BM11
I wonder how Piers Morgan on twitter being so outspoken on the main issues of the day goes down with all the news staff who have to be neutral.
Last edited by BM11 on 30 March 2019 8:27pm
AL
alexhduk
Removed.
Last edited by alexhduk on 31 March 2019 2:17pm
JO
Jonwo
Piers will be fine as long as doesn’t overstep the mark for ITV.

The bit where he used the megaphone to shout at the Stop Brexit man was very funny. Only he could pull that off and get away with it.
WH
Whataday Founding member
If Jon Snow can remain at Channel 4 News, Piers should be fine.

I'm baffled as to why they're not making an effort to an equivalent partnership for the non-Piers days. It reverts back to GMTV 2009 when he isn't there.
JK
JKDerry

I'm baffled as to why they're not making an effort to an equivalent partnership for the non-Piers days. It reverts back to GMTV 2009 when he isn't there.

ITV feel viewers have enough to stomach from Mondays to Wednesdays, that for the remaining two days they need to recover before he returns on Monday. Also, if you hate Piers, then having Thursdays and Fridays Piers free helps. It wouldn't help if they had another ego maniac at the helm on Thursdays and Fridays.
LL
London Lite Founding member

ITV feel viewers have enough to stomach from Mondays to Wednesdays, that for the remaining two days they need to recover before he returns on Monday. Also, if you hate Piers, then having Thursdays and Fridays Piers free helps. It wouldn't help if they had another ego maniac at the helm on Thursdays and Fridays.

That sounds like your personal opinion rather than fact. He may have negotiated a three day week as part of his contract rather than a commercial decision to not work Thursday and Friday.
mannewskev, Aaron_2015 and Brekkie gave kudos
SL
Shaun Linden
Well I doubt Piers would ever do 4 or 5 days on a continuous basis. He has stated numerous times about having to get up early so one would assume the three day week works fine for him.
JK
JKDerry

That sounds like your personal opinion rather than fact. He may have negotiated a three day week as part of his contract rather than a commercial decision to not work Thursday and Friday.

Of course it is my personal opinion. I have opinions like everyone else, and I do not have access to the mind of Piers Morgan or the GMB/ITV team. It was just an opinion.

I have previously stated on here that Piers does have a fantastic contract with ITV, and indeed it looks like GMB/ITV are happy to have him on the air for three days a week, for probably 40 weeks of the year.

The question posed was why doesn't ITV have another partnership like Piers does with Susanna - my opinion was that I felt ITV were happy to have a sparky partnership on those three days, and did not want a similar form for the rest of the week.
JO
Jonwo

I imagine they're happy with the Ben and Kate/Susanna dynamic. Unless Ben and/or Kate decides to leave GMB, there's unlikely to be a shake up anytime soon.

Newer posts